Steelers vs Rams Prediction - NFL Picks 10/22/23
Los Angeles Rams (3-3) vs Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 4:05 pm (SoFi Stadium)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Rams -3 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Pittsburgh Steelers and Los Angeles Rams face off on Sunday in a key NFL showdown at SoFi Stadium.
Steelers Look to Build on Last Week
The Steelers haven’t been exactly strong with their play this season but they do sit with a 3-2 record overall and they are coming off a victory in the last game. The Steelers defense was good against the Ravens giving up only ten points, and 14 points in the 4th quarter was enough to secure the victory. Kenny Pickett completed 18 of his 32 passes for 224 yards and a touchdown. One issue for the Steelers has been the running game. Najee Harris hasn’t lived up to the expectations this season. The Steelers are averaging 15.8 points while their defense is giving up 22 points per game. In this game, Kenny Pickett is going to need to have a game and get the offens to have more success.
Steelers Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won each of the Steelers' last four games.
- The Steelers have covered the spread in each of their last five Sunday games played on the West Coast.
- The Steelers have won the first quarter in three of their last four games as road underdogs.
- The Steelers have lost the first half in each of their last four road games in October.
- Seven of the Steelers' last eight games following a win have gone UNDER the total points line.
Who Steps up at Running Back for Rams?
The Rams sit with a 3-3 record overall and they are coming off a big victory in the last game. In the last game against the Arizona Cardinals and they secured the 26-9 victory. Kyren Williams finished with 20 carries for 158 yards and a touchdown. Williams did suffer an ankle sprain though and he’s going to be out for a while. The Rams on the season is averaging 23 points while their defense is givig up 19.5 points per game. The offense is ranked 12th while the defense is ranked 11th.
Rams Betting Trends
- The Rams have lost each of their last three games as home favorites following a home win.
- The Rams have covered the spread in each of their last six games as home favorites following a Division win.
- The Rams have won the first quarter in each of their last five October games against AFC opponents.
- The Rams have won the first half in each of their last five October games against AFC opponents.
- The Rams have scored the first touchdown in each of their last five games as favorites following a win.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Steelers really should have lost the last game against the Ravens and they are going to struggle in this game. Even without Williams in the backfield, the Rams offense is going to find success. Jared Goff is going to have a big game through the air, and the Steelers are going to struggle to get to 10 points here. This is going to be a very comfortable victory by the Rams at home. Back the Rams against the spread.