Dolphins vs Eagles Prediction - NFL Picks 10/22/23
Philadelphia Eagles (5-1) vs Miami Dolphins (5-1)
Game Info: Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 8:20 pm (Lincoln Financial Field)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia Eagles -2.5 -- Over/Under: 51.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Miami Dolphins and Philadelphia Eagles face off on Sunday Night Football in the marquee matchup of the week.
Eagles Are Going to Find Out About Themselves
The Eagles sit with a 5-1 record this season, but they haven’t really been dominant. The Eagles haven’t been blowing out teams and they are coming off a loss in the last game. The Eagles offense only managed 14 points against the Jets, and turnovers really hurt them. Jalen Hurts completed 28 of his 45 passes for 280 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions. He did rush for 47 yards and a touchdown, but in this game the turnovers are going to need to be better. The Eagles are averaging 25.8 points while their defense is giving up 20.7 points per game.
Eagles Betting Trends
- The Eagles have won nine of their last 10 games at Lincoln Financial Field against teams that held a winning record.
- The Eagles have failed to cover the spread in each of their last nine games as home favorites following a road loss.
- The Eagles have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games against AFC opponents.
- The Eagles have won the first quarter in seven of their last eight games against AFC East opponents.
- The Eagles have won the first half in each of their last eight games as favorites against AFC East opponents.
Dolphins Offense Continues to Dominant
The Dolphins also sit with a 5-1 record and they have leaned on the offense all season. The Dolphins scored 41 points against the Carolina Panthers, and they won by 19 points. Tua Tagovailoa completed 21 of his 31 pases for 262 yards, three touchdowns, and zero interceptions. The running game has also been elite and Raheem Mostert finished with 17 carries for 115 yards and two touchdowns. The Dolphins are averaging 37.2 points while their defense is giving up 26 points pe game. The offense is ranked 1st. Tyreek Hill has caught 42 passes for 814 yards and six touchdowns.
Dolphins Betting Trends
- The home team has won each of the Dolphins' last four games.
- The Dolphins have covered the spread in eight of their last nine Sunday games.
- The Dolphins have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games as road underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Dolphins have won the first quarter in four of their last five October games as road underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Dolphins have lost the first half in each of their last six road games following a home win.
Shane’s Free Pick
I don’t care that the Dolphins are on the road, they are going to find success here. The Dolphins offense is elite, and they are going to have no issue running up the score here. Mostert is going to have another big year. The turnover issues are going to be an issue again for Hurts and that is going to be the difference here as the Dolphins are going to get the job done. You aren’t going to need the points. Back the Dolphins on the money line.