Commanders vs Giants Prediction - NFL Picks 10/22/23
New York Giants (1-5) vs Washington Commanders (3-3)
Game Info: Sunday, October 22, 2023 at 1:00 pm (MetLife Stadium)
Betting Odds: New York Giants +2.5 -- Over/Under: 37.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Washington Commanders will play the New York Giants on Sunday afternoon at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. Washington has lost three of their last four games, while New York has dropped four in a row.
The Washington Commanders are 3-3 this year after they defeated the Atlanta Falcons by a score of 24-16 in their last game. Washington led 17-10 at halftime and they were able to score early in the third quarter to extend their lead. The Commanders were out gained by a total of 402-193, but they forced three turnovers in the win. Prior to that win, Washington had lost three straight games against Buffalo, Philadelphia, and Chicago. The Washington offense is scoring 22.2 points per game with 214.2 passing yards per game and 87.8 rushing yards per game. Sam Howell has thrown for 1,500 yards, nine touchdowns, and six interceptions for the Commanders this year. Brian Robinson Jr. has rushed for 302 yards and three scores, while Terry McLaurin has caught 31 passes for 342 yards and one touchdown. The Washington defense is allowing 29.3 points against per game this season.
The New York Giants are 1-5 this season after they lost to the Buffalo Bills by a score of 14-9 last week. New York led 9-7 in the fourth quarter, but gave up the go ahead touchdown with a few minutes left, before getting stopped at the one yard line to end the game. The Giants out gained Buffalo by a total of 317-297 and forced two turnovers in the game. New York’s lone win this season came against the Arizona Cardinals in Week 2. The New York offense is averaging 11.8 points per game with 166.7 passing yards per game and 98.8 rushing yards per game this season. Daniel Jones is still questionable for this game, so Tyrod Taylor may be under center once again. Taylor has thrown for 292 yards and ran for 40 yards this season. Saquon Barkley (questionable) has rushed for 207 yards and one touchdown, while Darren Waller has caught 28 passes for 282 yards. The New York defense is giving up 27.8 points against per game this year.
New York Giants Team Facts
- The underdogs have won three of the Giants' last four Week 7 games.
- The Giants have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games against NFC opponents.
- The Giants have lost the first quarter in each of their last six home games against NFC East opponents.
- The Giants have lost the first half in 14 of their last 16 October games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- Each of the Giants' last six games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Washington Commanders Team Facts
- The Commanders have lost each of their last five Week 7 road games against NFC opponents.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of the Commanders' last six games.
- The Commanders have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games as favorites following a win.
- The Commanders have lost the first quarter in each of their last two Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The road team has won the first half in each of the Commanders' last four games.
New York Giants Player Prop Facts
- Cole Beasley has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last three October appearances with his team as a home underdog.
- Isaiah Hodgins has recorded 24+ receiving yards in each of the Giants' last seven games at MetLife Stadium.
Washington Commanders Player Prop Facts
- Curtis Samuel has scored a touchdown in each of the Commanders' last three games.
- Terry McLaurin has recorded 62+ receiving yards in each of the Commanders' last seven road games played on the East Coast.
- Brian Robinson has recorded 70+ rushing yards in four of the Commanders' last five games following a win.
- Brian Robinson has recorded 86+ rushing and receiving yards in three of his four previous appearances against NFC East opponents.
- Sam Howell recorded a career-high 3 passing touchdowns in his previous game.
- The Giants rank 32nd in the NFL in average punt return this season (4.7 yards).
- The Giants rank 32nd in the NFL in punt return yards per game this season (4.7).
- The Commanders won two games from a three-quarter-time deficit this season (including playoffs) - equal-most in the league.
- The Commanders rank 30th in the NFL in Q4 opponent points per game this season (9.8).
The Giants were big underdogs last week and they were missing Daniel Jones, but they nearly beat the Bills on the road. There were some questionable play calls that cost the Giants the win, as they were stopped inside the five at the end of each half. Washington was able to snap their losing streak against the Falcons, but they struggled to gain yards and allowed Atlanta to gain over 400 yards. Both of these defenses have been pretty bad this year and I expect a lot of points to be scored, regardless of who is under center for New York. Take the over here.