Jaguars vs Saints Prediction - NFL Picks 10/19/23
New Orleans Saints (3-3) vs Jacksonville Jaguars (4-2)
Game Info: Thursday, October 19, 2023 at 8:15 pm (Caesars Superdome)
Betting Odds: New Orleans Saints -1.5 -- Over/Under: 39.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Prime Video Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Jacksonville Jaguars and New Orleans Saints meet Thursday in week 7 NFL action at Caesars Superdome. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Jacksonville Jaguars Betting Preview
The Jacksonville Jaguars look to build on their 3-game winning streak to improve to 5-2 on the year. The Jaguars have won 4 straight road games. Trevor Lawrence is completing 67.1 percent of his passes for 1,439 yards, 7 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Christian Kirk and Calvin Ridley have combined for 747 receiving yards and 4 touchdowns, while Evan Engram has 36 receptions. The Jacksonville Jaguars ground game is averaging 113.5 yards per contest, and Travis Etienne Jr. leads the way with 451 yards and 5 touchdowns. Defensively, Jacksonville is allowing 20.3 points and 345.7 yards per game. Foyesade Oluokun leads the Jacksonville Jaguars with 67 tackles, Josh Allen has 7 sacks and Andre Cisco has 3 interceptions.
Jacksonville Jaguars Team Facts
- The Jaguars have lost each of their last 10 road games against NFC opponents.
- The Jaguars have failed to cover the spread in each of their last eight games as underdogs against NFC South opponents.
- The Jaguars have won the first quarter in each of their last three October games as underdogs.
- The Jaguars have lost the first half in each of their last 10 October games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- Each of the Jaguars' last five games against NFC South opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
New Orleans Saints Betting Preview
The New Orleans Saints look for their second home win to get above a .500 record. The Saints have won 5 of their last 9 home games. Derek Carr is completing 65 percent of his passes for 1,299 yards, 5 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. Chris Olave and Michael Thomas have combined for 743 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Rashid Shaheed has 16 receptions. The New Orleans Saints ground game is averaging 95.8 yards per contest, and Alvin Kamara leads the way with 199 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, New Orleans is allowing 16 points and 278.3 yards per game. Pete Werner leads the New Orleans Saints with 43 tackles, Carl Granderson has 4.5 sacks and Marshon Lattimore has 1 interception.
New Orleans Saints Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Saints' last four games.
- The Saints have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games as favorites.
- The Saints have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six home games against AFC South opponents.
- The Saints have lost the first half in each of their last four games against AFC South opponents.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in three the Saints' last four Week 7 games.
- The Saints rank 1st in the NFL in Q3 opponent points per game this season (1.0).
- The Saints rank T2nd in the NFL in interceptions this season (8).
- The Jaguars rank 1st in the NFL in fumbles recovered this season (7).
- The Jaguars rank 31st in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game this season (270.3).
The Jaguars are the better team in this spot, but they have a banged up quarterback in Trevor Lawrence, who is questionable with a knee injury. Whether Lawrence plays or not, he's not going to be fully healthy, and he's going up against a Saints defense that's top-10 in the league across the board. The Saints also still have one of the best home crowds in the league, that's usually ridiculous during prime time. Given the Lawrence situation, I just can't get behind the Jags with confidence. Give me the Saints at home on this short turnaround for both sides.