Saints vs Texans Prediction - NFL Picks 10/15/23
Houston Texans (2-3) vs New Orleans Saints (3-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 1:00 pm (NRG Stadium)
Betting Odds: Houston Texans +1.5 -- Over/Under: 42.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New Orleans Saints will play the Houston Texans on Sunday afternoon at NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas. New Orleans is coming off of a beatdown of the Patriots, while Houston lost a heartbreaker against Atlanta last week.
The New Orleans Saints are 3-2 this season after they defeated the New England Patriots last week by a score of 34-0. New Orleans absolutely dominated this game and led 21-0 at the half, before cruising to the win in the second half. The Saints out gained New England by a total of 304-156 and forced three turnovers in the win. New Orleans also has wins against the Titans and Panthers, but has lost to the Packers and Bucs. The New Orleans offense is scoring 19.2 points per game with 191.8 passing yards per game and 97.2 rushing yards per game this year. Derek Carr has thrown for 946 yards, four touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Saints this season. Alvin Kamara has rushed for 131 yards and one touchdown, while Chris Olave has caught 25 passes for 318 yards and one score. The New Orleans defense is allowing 15.2 points against per game this year.
The Houston Texans are 2-3 this year after they lost to the Atlanta Falcons by a score of 21-19 last week. Houston led 9-7 at the half and they took a 19-18 lead with about two minutes left, but they allowed the game winning field goal as time expired. The Texans were out gained by a total of 447-313, but they did force two turnovers in the win. Houston also has lost to Baltimore and Indianapolis, but they have picked up wins against Jacksonville and Pittsburgh. The Houston offense is averaging 23 points per game with 274.8 passing yards per game and 82.6 rushing yards per game this season. C.J. Stroud has thrown for 1,461 yards and seven touchdowns this year. Dameon Pierce has rushed for 247 yards and one touchdown, while Nico Collins has caught 25 passes for 467 yards and three scores. The Houston defense is giving up 20 points against per game this season.
Houston Texans Team Facts
- The Texans have lost each of their last 11 games at NRG Stadium following a road loss.
- The underdogs have covered the spread in each of the Texans' last four games.
- The Texans have won the first quarter in each of their last three games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Texans have lost the first half in seven of their last eight games at NRG Stadium following a road loss.
- Five of the Texans' last six games following a loss have gone OVER the total points line.
New Orleans Saints Team Facts
- The underdogs have won six of the Saints' last eight games.
- The Saints have failed to cover the spread in nine of their last 10 games as favorites following a win.
- The Saints have lost the first quarter in each of their last two games as favorites against AFC South opponents.
- The Saints have won the first half in each of their last four road games.
- The Saints have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four road games.
Houston Texans Player Prop Facts
- Nico Collins has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last three Sunday appearances at NRG Stadium.
- C.J. Stroud has thrown two touchdowns in three of the Texans' last four Sunday games.
- C.J. Stroud has recorded 249+ passing yards in each of the Texans' last four games.
- Dalton Schultz has recorded 43+ receiving yards in seven of his last eight appearances against NFC South opponents.
- Devin Singletary has recorded 25+ rushing yards in 13 of his last 14 October appearances.
- Devin Singletary has recorded 29+ rushing and receiving yards in each of his last seven October home appearances.
- Davis Mills has recorded 21+ completions in three of his four previous October appearances at NRG Stadium.
- Ka'imi Fairbairn ranks 1st in the AFC for made field goals (15) this season.
New Orleans Saints Player Prop Facts
- Alvin Kamara has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Saints' last four October games as road favorites.
- Jameis Winston has recorded 245+ passing yards in each of his four previous road appearances against AFC South opponents.
- Alvin Kamara has recorded 104+ rushing and receiving yards in eight of his last nine October appearances with the Saints as favorites.
- Michael Thomas has recorded 53+ receiving yards in each of his last 11 October appearances.
- Jamaal Williams has recorded 53+ rushing yards in each of his last five October appearances.
- Jameis Winston has recorded 21+ completions in three of his last four appearances with his team as a favorite against AFC opponents.
- Isaac Yiadom ranks T1st in the league for passes defensed (7) this season.
- The Texans rank 2nd in the NFL in Q2 opponent points per game this season (2.8).
- The Texans rank T2nd in the NFL in Q2 win percentage this season (80.0).
- The Saints rank T1st in the NFL in Q3 win percentage this season (80.0).
- The Saints rank 2nd in the NFL in average punt return this season (18.3 yards).
Houston has really surprised me this season and they are playing much better than most people thought they would. Stroud has played very well at the quarterback position and has made very few mistakes. The Saints have been a little inconsistent so far this season, but they are 2-1 on the road. The Saints don’t have a high scoring offense, but they will play a Houston defense that is allowing a good amount of yards against per game. I really like this Houston passing attack and I am going to take the Texans to get the win.