Patriots vs Raiders Prediction - NFL Picks 10/15/23
Las Vegas Raiders (2-3) vs New England Patriots (1-4)
Game Info: Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 4:05 pm (Allegiant Stadium)
Betting Odds: Las Vegas Raiders -2.5 -- Over/Under: 41.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New England Patriots will play the Las Vegas Raiders on Sunday afternoon at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. New England has lost two games in a row and has allowed 72 points in those two games, while Las Vegas got a nice home win against the Packers on Monday Night Football.
The New England Patriots are 1-4 this season after they lost to the New Orleans Saints by a score of 34-0 last week. New England trailed 21-0 at halftime and wasn’t able to put up any points in the game. The Patriots were out gained by a total of 304-156 and turned the ball over three times in the loss. New England lost the week prior against the Cowboys by a score of 38-3. The New England offense is averaging 11 points per game with 203.6 passing yards per game and 83.8 rushing yards per game this year. Mac Jones has thrown for 1,008 yards, five touchdowns, and six interceptions for the Patriots this season. Rhamondre Stevenson has rushed for 188 yards and one touchdown, while Kendrick Bourne has caught 18 passes for 218 yards and two scores. The NE defense is allowing 26.2 points against per game this year.
The Las Vegas Raiders are 2-3 this year after they defeated the Green Bay Packers by a score of 17-13 last week. Las Vegas led 10-3 at the half, but they trailed 13-10 going into the fourth quarter, before scoring the only points in the final quarter for the win. The Raiders were out gained by a total of 285-279, but they did force three turnovers in the game. Las Vegas opened the season with a win against Denver, but they lost their next three games to the Bills, Steelers, and Chargers. The Las Vegas offense is scoring 15.8 points per game with 209.8 passing yards per game and 71.4 rushing yards per game this season. Jimmy Garoppolo has thrown for 917 yards, six touchdowns, and seven interceptions for the Raiders this year. Josh Jacobs has rushed for 235 yards and two touchdowns, while Davante Adams (questionable) has caught 37 passes for 442 yards and three scores. The Las Vegas defense is giving up 22.8 points against per game this season.
Las Vegas Raiders Team Facts
- The Raiders have lost each of their last four games as favorites following a home win.
- The Raiders have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Raiders have lost the first quarter in five of their last six games as home favorites following a win.
- The Raiders have lost the first half in each of their last four Sunday games.
- The Raiders have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games played as favorites on the West Coast.
New England Patriots Team Facts
- The Patriots have lost each of their last nine games as underdogs following a loss.
- The Patriots have covered the spread in 12 of their last 13 road games following a home loss.
- The Patriots have lost the first quarter in four of their last five Sunday games.
- The Patriots have lost the first half in each of their last four games as underdogs following a loss.
- The Patriots have scored the first touchdown in nine of their last 12 games against AFC West opponents.
Las Vegas Raiders Player Prop Facts
- Jimmy Garoppolo has thrown two touchdowns in three of his last four October appearances with his team as a favorite.
- Hunter Renfrow has recorded 25+ receiving yards in 12 of his last 13 appearances following a home win.
- Jimmy Garoppolo has recorded 243+ passing yards in each of his three previous Week 6 appearances.
- Josh Jacobs has recorded 78+ rushing yards in five of the Raiders' last six Sunday games as home favorites.
- Josh Jacobs has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Raiders' last five October home games.
- Josh Jacobs has recorded 139+ rushing and receiving yards in each of the Raiders' last four October games against AFC opponents.
- A.J. Cole ranks 2nd in the AFC amongst qualified players for gross average yards per punt (51.0) this season.
New England Patriots Player Prop Facts
- Ezekiel Elliott has recorded 18+ receiving yards in each of his seven previous appearances with his team as a road underdog against AFC opponents.
- Ezekiel Elliott has recorded 32+ rushing yards in 22 of his 23 previous regular season appearances with his team as a road underdog.
- Mac Jones has recorded 21+ completions in eight of his last nine appearances with the Patriots as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- Mac Jones has recorded 213+ passing yards in eight of his 10 previous Sunday appearances with the Patriots as underdogs.
- Ezekiel Elliott has recorded 42+ rushing and receiving yards in 34 of his last 36 Sunday regular season road appearances.
- Hunter Henry has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last three Week 6 appearances.
- Jalen Mills is just three away from 10 career interceptions (including playoffs).
- The Raiders rank 2nd in the NFL in 4th down percentage this season (85.7%).
- The Raiders rank T31st in the NFL in Q3 points per game this season (0.6).
- The Patriots rank 2nd in the NFL in total punt yards this season (1318).
- The Patriots rank T31st in the NFL in 4th down percentage this season (20.0%).
The Patriots looked horrible last week at home and they lost by 34 points, but anyone can win on any day in the NFL. Las Vegas snapped their three game losing streak with their win against the Packers on Monday Night Football and they will be at home once again here. New England has been out scored by a total of 72-3 in their last two games and I thought the Raiders looked pretty good in their last game. Las Vegas was a little sloppy, as I thought they should have scored quite a few more points, but they still got the win. I cannot take the Patriots until I see a better effort, so give me the Raiders at home.