Panthers vs Dolphins Prediction - NFL Picks 10/15/23
Miami Dolphins (4-1) vs Carolina Panthers (0-5)
Game Info: Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Hard Rock Stadium)
Betting Odds: Miami Dolphins -14 -- Over/Under: 47.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Carolina Panthers and Miami Dolphins face off on Sunday in a Week 6 NFL showdown at Hard Rock Stadium.
Panthers Look for First Win
The Panthers come into this game with an 0-1 record overall and they really looked bad in the last game. The defense gave up 42 points to the Detroit Lions and that led to the defeat. Bryce Young did throw three touchdowns, but he did throw two interceptions and he needs to make better decisions. The Panthers' offense is averaging 18.2 points while their defense is giving up 28.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 25th in the league while the defense is ranked 28th in the league. Adam Thielen is having a big season catching 38 passes for 394 yards and one touchdown.
Panthers Betting Trends
- The Panthers have lost nine of their last 10 road games played on the East Coast.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in four the Panthers' last five Week 6 games.
- The Panthers have lost the first half in each of their last four road games following a road loss.
- Each of the Panthers' last five games as underdogs following a road loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
Dolphins Look for Strong Offense
The Dolphins have leaned on the offense all season and they are going to look to find offensive success in this game. In the last game against the New York Giants, the Dolphins scored 31 points and that was enough for another comfortable victory. Running back De’Von Achane had a huge game but he also got hurt in the game and now is out. Raheem Mostert started the season as the starting running back, and he should be in line for a big game here. The Dolphins are averaging 36.2 points while their defense is giving up 27 points per game. The offense will need to be good, but even more important needs to be the defense.
Dolphins Betting Trends
- The Dolphins have won each of their last nine home games following a win.
- The Dolphins have covered the spread in seven of their last eight Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Dolphins have won the first quarter in five of their last six home games in October.
- The Dolphins have won the first half in seven of their last eight games as home favorites.
- The Dolphins have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six home games against NFC opponents.
Shane’s Free Pick
This game is going to be a shootout. The Dolphins are averaging 36.2 points per game and they are going to have no issue running up the score. I am not sold on the Dolphins defense though, and they are going to really struggle in this game. The Panthers are going to simplify the offense for Young and the Panthers offense is going to find success here. Both offenses are going to run up the score and the over is going to cash.