Lions vs Buccaneers Prediction - NFL Picks 10/15/23
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1) vs Detroit Lions (4-1)
Game Info: Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 4:25 pm (Raymond James Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tampa Bay Buccaneers +3 -- Over/Under: 42.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Detroit Lions will play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday afternoon at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa, Florida. Detroit continues to look like one of the best teams in the NFL, while Tampa Bay has started the season by winning three out of four games.
The Detroit Lions are 4-1 this season after they defeated Carolina by a score of 42-24 last week. Detroit led 28-10 at halftime and was able to cruise to the relatively easy victory in the second half. The Lions out gained Carolina by a total of 377-342 and forced three turnovers in the win. Detroit has won three games in a row against Carolina, Green Bay, and Atlanta, and they have scored 96 points in those three games. The Detroit offense is scoring 29.6 points per game with 243.4 passing yards per game and 141 rushing yards per game this year. Jared Goff has thrown for 1,265 yards, nine touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Lions this season. David Montgomery has rushed for 371 yards and six scores, while Amon-Ra St. Brown (questionable) has caught 26 passes for 331 yards and two touchdowns. The Detroit defense is allowing 21.4 points against per game this season.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are 3-1 this season after they defeated New Orleans by a score of 26-9 in their last game. Tampa Bay led 14-3 at the half and was able to hold off the New Orleans comeback attempt in the second half. The Buccaneers out gained New Orleans by a total of 353-197 and forced three turnovers in the win. Tampa Bay won their first two games against Minnesota and Chicago, but they did lose their third game against the Eagles. The Tampa Bay offense is averaging 21 points per game with 214.5 passing yards per game and 87 rushing yards per game. Baker Mayfield has thrown for 882 yards, seven touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Bucs this season. Rachaad White has rushed for 206 yards and one touchdown, while Mike Evans (questionable) has caught 20 passes for 337 yards and three scores. The Tampa Bay defense is giving up 17 points against per game this year.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Facts
- The Buccaneers have won each of their last three games as underdogs against NFC North opponents.
- The Buccaneers have covered the spread in seven of their last eight games against NFC North opponents.
- The Buccaneers have won the first half in five of their last six October games at Raymond James Stadium.
- The Buccaneers have lost the first quarter in 10 of their last 11 games following a win.
- The Buccaneers have scored the first touchdown in six of their last eight Sunday games as underdogs.
Detroit Lions Team Facts
- The Lions have won each of their last four games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Lions have covered the spread in each of their last six games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Lions have won the first half in each of their last six Sunday games as favorites.
- The Lions have won the first quarter in three of their last four road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Lions have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games in Florida.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Player Prop Facts
- Baker Mayfield has recorded 22+ completions in three of his last four Sunday home appearances.
- Baker Mayfield has recorded 234+ passing yards in three of his four previous Week 6 appearances.
- Russell Gage has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last four Sunday appearances with his team as an underdog.
- Russell Gage has recorded 49+ receiving yards in each of his last six regular season appearances with his team as a home underdog.
- Russell Gage has scored the last touchdown in three of his last four regular season appearances with his team as an underdog.
- Jake Camarda ranks 2nd amongst qualified players for gross average yards per punt (53.2) this season.
Detroit Lions Player Prop Facts
- Jared Goff has recorded 268+ passing yards in each of his last four appearances with his team as a favorite on the East Coast.
- Jared Goff has thrown three touchdowns in four of the Lions' last five Sunday games as favorites.
- David Montgomery has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last four appearances.
- Marvin Jones Jr. has recorded 29+ receiving yards in 12 of his last 13 Sunday appearances with his team as a road favorite.
- David Montgomery has recorded 95+ rushing yards in three of his last four appearances with his team as a road favorite.
- David Montgomery has recorded 106+ rushing and receiving yards in each of his last three October appearances with his team as a favorite.
- Teddy Bridgewater has recorded 23+ completions in five of his six previous October road appearances against NFC opponents.
- David Montgomery ranks 1st in the NFL in broken tackles (12) this season.
- The Buccaneers rank 2nd in the NFL in average yards per punt this season (53.2).
- The Buccaneers has 4 consecutive games with an interception - longest streak in the league.
- The Lions rank T2nd in the NFL in Q1 win percentage this season (80.0).
- The Lions rank T2nd in the NFL in Q2 win percentage this season (80.0).
The Lions come into this game as one of the hottest teams in the NFL and they are playing very well on both sides of the ball. Tampa Bay has been a pleasant surprise, as most people didn’t see this 3-1 start coming. The Buccaneers have had some very solid quarterback play from Baker Mayfield and he needs to continue to protect the football. Tampa Bay doesn’t run the ball very well and they will face one of the best rushing defenses here, so Mayfield is going to need a big day if the Buccaneers want to win. The Lions do have some injury concerns and I think their secondary could get exposed here. I like the over in this game.