New York Jets (2-3) vs Philadelphia Eagles (5-0)
Game Info: Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 4:25 pm (MetLife Stadium)
Betting Odds: New York Jets +6.5 -- Over/Under: 40.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets face off on Sunday in a Week 6 NFL showdown at MetLife Stadium.
Jets Coming Off Huge Win
The Jets come into this game with a 2-3 record overall and they are coming off a huge victory in the last game. The Jets were able to put up 31 points against the Denver Broncos and that was enough for the 10 point victory. Russell Wilson completed 20 of his 31 passes for 196 yards and two touchdowns. Breece Hall is getting more run with the Jets and he rushed 22 times for 177 yards and a touchdown. The Jets are averaging 18.6 points while their defense is giving up 21 points per game. The offense is ranked 24th, and a big reason has been Zach Wilson hasn’t been good enough.
Jets Betting Trends
- The Jets have lost each of their last five Sunday games played on the East Coast.
- The Jets have covered the spread in eight of their last nine games at MetLife Stadium against teams that held a winning record.
- The Jets have lost the first quarter in each of their last five games.
- The Jets have lost the first half in seven of their last eight games.
- The Jets have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games against NFC East opponents.
Eagles Look to Continue Perfect Start
The Eagles sit with a 5-0 record and they look like a Super Bowl contender again this season. In the last game against the Los Angeles Rams, the Eagles defense gave up only 14 points and that led to the nine point victory. Jalen Hurts completed 25 of his 38 passes for 303 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. He also rushed 15 times for 72 yards and a touchdown. The Phillies are averaging 28.2 points while their defense is giving up 20.8 points per game. The offense is ranked 5th in football and the offense is going to need to be good here. Jalen Carter is dealing with an ankle injury and it doesn’t look like he’s going to be able to go in this game.
Eagles Betting Trends
- The Eagles have won each of their last 12 games as road favorites.
- The Eagles have covered the spread in each of their last four games played on the East Coast.
- The Eagles have lost the first quarter in three of their last four Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Eagles have won the first half in each of their last seven games as favorites against AFC East opponents.
- The Eagles have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games played on the East Coast.
Shane’s Free Pick
I don’t think Wilson is the answer for the Jets but it appears he’s getting more comfortable and he’s going to lead the Jets offense to success here. Not having Carter because of an ankle injury would be a big loss and it’s hard to imagine he’s going to play here. The Jets are averaging 18.6 points per game and they are going to find more success than that here scoring. Look for the Jets offense to find enough success here, and that is going to be the difference here. Back the Jets against the spread.