Cardinals vs Rams Prediction - NFL Picks 10/15/23
Los Angeles Rams (2-3) vs Arizona Cardinals (1-4)
Game Info: Sunday, October 15, 2023 at 4:25 pm (SoFi Stadium)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Rams -7 -- Over/Under: 49 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Arizona Cardinals and Los Angeles Rams face off on Sunday in a Week 6 NFL showdown at SoFi Stadium.
Rams Look to Bounce Back
The Rams come into this game with a 2-3 record overall and they are coming off another loss in the last game. The Rams scored 14 points against the Philadelphia Eagles and that led to the 23-14 defeat. The Rams didn’t score any points in the second half. Matthew Stafford completed 21 of his 37 passes for 222 yards and two touchdowns. Cooper Kupp is back and he caught eight passes for 118 yards. Kyren Williams rushed for 53 yards and they are going to need a more balanced attack here. The Rams are averaging 21.4 points while their defense is giving up 21.6 points per game.
Rams Betting Trends
- The Rams have lost each of their last three October games as home favorites against NFC West opponents.
- The Rams have failed to cover the spread in six of their last seven games as favorites in California.
- The Rams have lost the first half in each of their last two games as moderate favorites (-3.5 to -7.0 points).
- The Rams have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six Week 6 games.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the Rams' last three Week 6 games.
Cardinals Look to End Losing Streak
The Cardinals sit with a 1-4 record and they have lost two games straight. In the last game, the Cardinals scored 20 points, but the defense gave up 34 points and that led to the 14 point defeat. Joshua Dobbs completed 15 of his 32 passes for 166 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. One issue for the Cardinals is the running back position. James Conner has been played on the injured reserve with a knee injury. Keaontary Ingram is dealing with a neck injury and he’s questionable for this game.
Cardinals Betting Trends
- The Cardinals have lost each of their last five Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Cardinals have covered the spread in seven of their last eight road games before a Division game.
- The Cardinals have lost the first quarter in each of their last four games in October.
- The Cardinals have lost the first half in seven of their last eight games in October.
- The Cardinals have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last 10 Sunday games played on the West Coast.
Shane’s Free Pick
Joshua Dobbs isn’t a dynamic quarterback but he is better than most probably expected him to be. If Dobbs can clean the turnovers up he can lead the Cardinals to win this season, Dobbs is going to clean up the turnover issues in this game, and he’s going to have a big game here. I am still not sold on the Rams being good, especially the defense, and that is going to be the difference here as the Cardinals are going to get the job done here. Back the Cardinals against the spread.