Packers vs Raiders Prediction - NFL Picks 10/9/23
Las Vegas Raiders (1-3) vs Green Bay Packers (2-2)
Game Info: Monday, October 9, 2023 at 8:15 pm (Allegiant Stadium)
Betting Odds: Las Vegas Raiders -2 -- Over/Under: 45 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Green Bay Packers will play the Las Vegas Raiders on Monday Night Football at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. Green Bay is coming off of a rough loss to Detroit, while Las Vegas has lost three straight games.
The Green Bay Packers are 2-2 this season after they lost to the Detroit Lions by a score of 34-20 in their last game. Green Bay started the game with a 3-0 lead early in the first quarter, but they allowed Detroit to score the next 27 points to pull away. The Packers were out gained by a total of 401-230 and turned the ball over two times in the loss. Green Bay has also lost to the Falcons, but they do have wins against Chicago and New Orleans. The Green Bay offense is scoring 25 points per game with 206.3 passing yards per game and 74.5 rushing yards per game this year. Jordan Love has thrown for 901 yards, eight touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Packers this season. AJ Dillon has rushed for 118 yards, while Romeo Doubs has caught 20 passes for 224 yards and three scores. The Green Bay defense is allowing 24 points against per game this season.
The Las Vegas Raiders are 1-3 this season after they lost to the Los Angeles Chargers by a score of 24-17 last week. Las Vegas tied the game at seven late in the first quarter, but they trailed 24-7 at the half. The Raiders were out gained by a total of 305-264 and went 1-11 on third down attempts. Las Vegas won their first game of the season against Denver, but they lost to Buffalo, Pittsburgh, and the Chargers in their last three games. The Las Vegas offense is averaging 15.5 points per game with 216.5 passing yards per game and 65.3 rushing yards per game this year. Jimmy Garoppolo missed last game, but he will be back under center for the Raiders here. Garoppolo has thrown for 709 yards, five touchdowns, and six interceptions this season. Josh Jacobs has rushed for 166 yards and one touchdown, while Davante Adams (questionable) has caught 33 passes for 397 yards and three scores. The Las Vegas defense is giving up 25.3 points against per game this year.
Las Vegas Raiders Team Facts
- The Raiders have lost each of their last five games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Raiders have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Raiders have lost the first half in each of their last four games following a loss.
- The Raiders have lost the first quarter in three of their last four October games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Raiders have scored the first touchdown in each of their last three games played as favorites on the West Coast.
Green Bay Packers Team Facts
- The Packers have won each of their last four games as underdogs following a Division loss.
- The Packers have covered the spread in each of their last seven games as road underdogs following a Division game.
- The road team has won the first half in each of the Packers' last four games.
- The Packers have won the first quarter in each of their last two games as road underdogs following a loss.
- Eight of the Packers' last 10 games as underdogs following a home loss have gone OVER the total points line.
Las Vegas Raiders Player Prop Facts
- Josh Jacobs has recorded 78+ rushing yards in four of the Raiders' last five games as favorites.
- Josh Jacobs has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Raiders' last four October home games.
- A.J. Cole ranks 1st in the AFC amongst qualified players for gross average yards per punt (52.1) this season
Green Bay Packers Player Prop Facts
- Romeo Doubs has scored at least one touchdown in three of his last four appearances following a loss.
- Jayden Reed has recorded 37+ receiving yards in each of the Packers' last four games as underdogs.
- Jordan Love has thrown three touchdowns in each of the Packers' last two road games.
- Jordan Love has recorded 245+ passing yards in three of the Packers' last four games as underdogs.
- Keisean Nixon ranks 1st in the NFL in kick return yards (250) this season
- The Raiders rank T31st in the NFL in Q2 points per game this season (1.5)
- The Raiders rank T31st in the NFL in Q3 points per game this season (0.8)
- The Packers rank 1st in the NFL in H2 points per game this season (19.3)
- The Packers rank 2nd in the NFL in Q3 points per game this season (9.0)
The Raiders come into this game really needing a win to snap their losing streak and they will get to play a Green Bay team that played very poorly against Detroit in their last game. The Raiders have been out scored by a total of 85-45 in their last three games, but Green Bay has actually allowed more yards per game so far this year. I don’t love either starting quarterback, but I am going to side with the Raiders at home. Las Vegas played well in their last home game, minus the three turnovers, and I expect another solid effort at home. Take the Raiders here.