Indianapolis Colts (2-2) vs Tennessee Titans (2-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Lucas Oil Stadium)
Betting Odds: Indianapolis Colts +2.5 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tennessee Titans and Indianapolis Colts face off on Sunday in a Week 5 NFL showdown at Lucas Oil Stadium.
Another Good Game for Tannehill?
Under center for the Titans is Ryan Tannehill and in the last game against the Cincinnati Bengals he had a big game. He completed 18 of his 25 passes for 240 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. Derrick Henry also finished with 22 carries for 122 yards and a touchdown. The defense also had a big game finishing with 27 points while the defense only gave up three. The Titans currently sit with a 2-2 record. The Titans are averaging 18 points while their defense is giving up 17.5 points per game. The defense is ranked 8th, and they are going to need to find success against Anthony Richardson.
Titans Betting Trends
- The Titans have covered the spread in each of their last eight October games against AFC opponents.
- The Titans have won the first half in each of their last seven Sunday games as road favorites.
- The Titans have scored the first touchdown in 12 of their last 13 games as favorites against AFC South opponents.
- The Titans have won the first quarter in five of their last six games against the Colts following a win.
Will Jonathan Taylor Play?
Jonathan Taylor has practiced this week, and he’s officially questionable for this week. If he does play, the big question is how much is he going to play. Zack Moss has had a big part of the team this season and I would expect he would continue to play a role in this game even if Taylor would play. Rookie quarterback Anthony Richardson has looked good so far this season, and in the last game he threw for 200 yards and two touchdowns. The Colts are averaging 24.3 points while their defense is giving up 24.8 points per game.
Colts Betting Trends
- The Colts have lost each of their last seven home games.
- The road team has covered the spread in seven of the Colts' last eight games.
- The Colts have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last nine Week 5 games.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in three the Colts' last four Week 5 games.
- The Colts have lost the first half in each of their last six games at Lucas Oil Stadium following a loss.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Titans defense has been quite impressive this season and they are going to find a way to make life tough for Anthony Richardson. Richardson looked good in the last game but he still completed only 11 of 25 passes. I expect the Titans defense is going to step up here, and that is going to be the difference. Ryan Tannehill is also going to have a big game, and the Titans will cover the spread.