Texans vs Falcons Prediction - NFL Picks 10/8/23
Atlanta Falcons (2-2) vs Houston Texans (2-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Mercedes-Benz Stadium)
Betting Odds: Atlanta Falcons -1.5 -- Over/Under: 41.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Houston Texans will play the Atlanta Falcons on Sunday afternoon at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia. Houston has won two games in a row and has looked surprisingly solid, while Atlanta has lost two games in a row to Jacksonville and Detroit.
The Houston Texans are 2-2 this season after they defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers by a score of 30-6 last week. Houston led 16-0 at halftime and was able to pull away with two fourth quarter touchdowns. The Texans out gained Pittsburgh by a total of 451-225 and forced one turnover in the win. Houston lost their first two games of the season against Baltimore and Indianapolis, but they have bounced back with wins against Jacksonville and Pittsburgh. The Houston offense is scoring 24 points per game with 281.3 passing yards per game and 87.3 rushing yards per game. C.J. Stroud has thrown for 1,212 yards and six touchdowns for the Texans this season. Dameon Pierce has rushed for 181 yards and one touchdown, while Nico Collins has caught 22 passes for 428 yards and three scores. The Houston defense is allowing 19.8 points against per game this season.
The Atlanta Falcons are 2-2 this season after they lost to Jacksonville by a score of 23-7 in London in their last game. Atlanta trailed 17-0 at the half, but was able to cut the lead to 17-7 early in the third quarter, before the Jags pulled away. The Falcons were out gained by a total of 300-287 and turned the ball over three times in the loss. Atlanta won their first two games of the season, but has lost the last two against Detroit and Jacksonville. The Atlanta offense is scoring 15.5 points per game with 156.3 passing yards per game and 128 rushing yards per game. Desmond Ridder has thrown for 744 yards, three touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Falcons this season. Bijan Robinson has rushed for 318 yards, while catching 19 passes for 134 yards and one score. Jonnu Smith has caught 15 passes for 179 yards for the Falcons. The Atlanta defense is giving up 19.3 points against per game and has allowed 67 points in their last three games.
Atlanta Falcons Team Facts
- The Falcons have won each of their last eight Sunday games as favorites.
- The Falcons have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games against AFC opponents.
- The Falcons have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games as favorites against AFC opponents.
- The Falcons have lost the first quarter in seven of their last eight games following a loss.
- The Falcons have won the first half in each of their last five games as favorites against AFC opponents.
Houston Texans Team Facts
- The Texans have lost each of their last 25 games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Texans have failed to cover the spread in six of their last seven road games in October.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in each of the Texans' last three games.
- The Texans have won the first half in each of their last three games as slight underdogs (<+3.5 points).
- Four of the Texans' last five road games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
Atlanta Falcons Player Prop Facts
- Cordarrelle Patterson has scored a touchdown in four of his last five Sunday appearances with the Falcons as home favorites.
- Mack Hollins has recorded 31+ receiving yards in seven of his last eight appearances with his team as a home favorite.
- Desmond Ridder has recorded 191+ passing yards in four of the Falcons' last five games.
- Tyler Allgeier has recorded 39+ rushing yards in each of the Falcons' last 10 Sunday home games.
- Desmond Ridder has recorded 19+ completions in five of the Falcons' last six Sunday games.
- Jessie Bates III is just one away from 20 career interceptions (including playoffs)
Houston Texans Player Prop Facts
- Dalton Schultz has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last two appearances against NFC opponents.
- Dalton Schultz has recorded 31+ receiving yards in six of his last seven regular season appearances against NFC opponents.
- C.J. Stroud has thrown two touchdowns in each of the Texans' last three Sunday games.
- Devin Singletary has recorded 26+ rushing yards in each of his last 11 appearances against NFC opponents.
- C.J. Stroud has recorded 280+ passing yards in each of the Texans' last three games.
- Tank Dell ranks T1st in the AFC for 20+ yard receiving touchdowns (2) this season
- The Falcons rank T2nd in the NFL in H2 win percentage this season (75.0)
- The Falcons rank 30th in the NFL in sacks this season (5.0)
- The Texans rank 31st in the NFL in red zone percentage this season (35.7%)
- The Texans rank 2nd in the NFL in Q2 opponent points per game this season (3.5)
Houston comes into this game on a two game winning streak and Stroud has looked great under center through four games. Atlanta is on a two game losing streak and their offense has been very quiet in their last two games. Ridder needs to be better for the Falcons and he will get a chance to improve his play against a very average Houston defense. The Texans are trending in the right direction and I really like what they are doing offensively, so I am going to take them to get the win here.