Giants vs Dolphins Prediction - NFL Picks 10/8/23
Miami Dolphins (3-1) vs New York Giants (1-3)
Game Info: Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Hard Rock Stadium)
Betting Odds: Miami Dolphins -12.5 -- Over/Under: 47.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Giants and Miami Dolphins face off on Sunday in a Week 5 NFL showdown at Hard Rock Stadium.
Good News for the Giants?
Saquon Barkley is officially questionable for this game and it looks like he could return. If he were to return, that is a big boost for the Giants offense. The Giants have really struggled this season and in the three losses they have scored only 15 points total. In the last game against the Seahawks the offense only managed three points while the defense gave up 24 points. The Giants offense overall is averaging 11.5 points while their defense is giving up 30.5 points per game. The Giants need to find a way to get Darren Waller to be more involved. If he can be more involved, that is a big boost for the Giants.
Giants Betting Trends
- The Giants have won each of their last five games against AFC opponents.
- The Giants have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games.
- The Giants have lost the first quarter in six of their last seven games following a loss.
- The Giants have lost the first half in each of their last seven Week 5 games as underdogs.
- Each of the Giants' last four games in October have gone UNDER the total points line.
How Do the Dolphins Bounce Back?
The big question for the Dolphins is how do they bounce back here. After destroying the Denver Broncos two games ago, the defense really struggled in the last game giving up 48 points and that led to the 28 point defeat. They allowed Josh Allen to throw for four touchdowns, and they need the defense to be better here. Tua Tagovailoa did completed 25 of his 35 passes for 282 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. The Dolphins this season are averaging 37.5 points while their defense is giving up 29.8 points per game. The Dolphins did make a trade for Chase Claypool but it’s hard to imagine that he’s going to play in this game.
Dolphins Betting Trends
- The Dolphins have won 13 of their last 15 games at Hard Rock Stadium.
- The Dolphins have covered the spread in seven of their last eight games as home favorites following a Division game.
- The Dolphins have lost the first half in each of their last five October home games against NFC opponents.
- The Dolphins have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in four the Dolphins' last six Week 5 games.
Giants vs Dolphins Facts
- The Dolphins rank 1st in the NFL in rushing yards per game this season (176.8)
- The Dolphins rank 1st in the NFL in passing yards per game this season (334.3)
- The Giants rank 32nd in the NFL in H1 points per game this season (2.3)
- The Giants rank 31st in the NFL in yards per game this season (252.0)
Shane’s Free Pick
The Dolphins looked bad against the Bills but the good news for them is the Giants offense isn’t anywhere close to that quality. The Giants are averaging only 11.5 points per game and they are going to have some major issues getting the offense going here. Look for the Dolphins offense to get close to 40 points, and the Giants aren’t going to have any chance to keep this game close. Back the Dolphins against the spread.