San Francisco 49ers (4-0) vs Dallas Cowboys (3-1)
Game Info: Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 8:20 pm (Levi's Stadium)
Betting Odds: San Francisco 49ers -3 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Dallas Cowboys will head up to the Bay to meet the San Francisco 49ers this Sunday night from Candlestick Park on NBC.
Dallas Cowboys Preview
Dallas improved to 3-1 after defeating New England in Arlington, 38-3. The Cowboys blitzed the Patriots early, then went on to hand Bill Belichick his largest loss ever, and they’ll now look to raise some eyebrows here in the Bay. The Dallas offense is scoring 31.0 ppg, while passing for 254.8 ypg, rushing for 141.3 ypg, and converting 51.6% of their third downs.
Dallas Player Props
• Dak Prescott had a good game against New England, going 28/34 for 261 yards with a touchdown toss. The eighth-year quarterback rebounded from the loss to Arizona well, but he now will face a much taller task here with the Niners defensive unit. Prescott has passed for 908 yards with four touchdowns to one interception thru four starts.
• Tony Pollard has been strong in the lead role for the ‘Boys this season, reaching the 70-yard mark in the first three games, and he’s first one the team with 311 rushing yards.
• CeeDee Lamb found the endzone for the first time in the win over the Pats, and he leads Dallas in receptions (23) and receiving yards (309).
• The Dallas defense has allowed 10.3 ppg.
San Francisco 49ers Preview
San Francisco jumped to 4-0 after defeating Arizona at home, 35-16. The Niners pounced on the Cardinals early, then cruised to their fourth straight victory, and they’ll now look to send a message to the NFC. The San Fran offense is scoring 31.3 ppg, while passing for 254.8 ypg, rushing for 153.0 ypg, and converting 46.9% of their third downs.
San Francisco Player Props
• Brock Purdy was nearly perfect against the Arizona defense, going 20/21 for 283 yards, with a touchdown toss and run. The former ISU QB has the look to be the next great Niners QB if he can continue to manage contests at a high level. Purdy has passed for 1,019 yards, with five touchdowns to no interceptions thru four games.
• Christian McCaffrey churned out an impressive 187-yard, 4-touchdown performance in the win over Arizona, and he’s now scored in an impressive 14-straight games. McCaffrey is having the best season of his career, and he leads the team with 459 rushing yards and six touchdowns.
• Deebo Samuel had a light performance last week, but he carries no injury designation into this contest, and he totaled over 100 yards in the two contests to close September.
• Brandon Aiyuk returned to the lineup and caught six passes for 148 yards to extend his team-lead in receptions to 17, with 320 receiving yards.
• The San Francisco defense is allowing 14.5 points per game.
Dallas vs San Francisco Trends
• DAL is 2-2 against the spread, with a 1-3 O/U record.
• SF is 3-1 ATS, with a 2-2 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
This contest will give us an indication of who will compete with the Eagles to come out of the NFC season. San Francisco has looked nothing short of impressive, while Dallas has delivered mixed results. The large win over the Patriots was solid, but losing to the Cardinals wasn’t, and I simply like trusting the Niners to be great at home here. They face a very manageable margin, and they should make life very hard for the Dallas offense at Candlestick. I’d love to see an NFC Championship preview from this vintage matchup, but let’s back the more consistent ballclub here, and that’s San Francisco.