Minnesota Vikings (1-3) vs Kansas City Chiefs (3-1)
Game Info: Sunday, October 8, 2023 at 4:25 pm (U.S. Bank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Vikings +6.5 -- Over/Under: 52 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Kansas City Chiefs will head up to Minneapolis to meet the Minnesota Vikings this Sunday from U.S. Bank Stadium on CBS.
Kansas City Chiefs Preview
Kansas City comes in at 3-1 after defeating the Jets in New York by three, 23-20. The Chiefs avoided a meltdown by milking most of the clock in the fourth quarter, and they’ll need to clean things up here versus Minnesota. The KC offense is scoring 25.3 ppg, while passing for 259.3 ypg, rushing for 137.0 ypg, and converting 49.1% of their third downs.
Kansas City Player Props
• Patrick Mahomes struggled thru the final three quarters of the Jets game, but he led an effective time-killing, game-winning drive to pin a third straight win for KC. The former Texas Tech quarterback has been able to make due with less this season, and he may need to have one of those electric performances here against the high octane Vikings. Mahomes has thrown for 1,006 yards, with eight touchdowns to four interceptions thru four starts.
• Isiah Pacheco returned home and starred at MetLife with 115 yards and a score in the win over New York, and he leads KC in rushing with 270 yards on 55 carries.
• Travis Kelce reached the 60-yard mark for the second straight contest, and he leads the Chiefs in receptions (17), with 155 receiving yards in three games. .
• The KC defense has allowed 15.0 ppg.
Minnesota Vikings Preview
Minnesota moved to 1-3 after defeating Carolina in Charlotte, 21-13. The Vikings used a strong third quarter to sneak into the win column for the first time this season, and they’ll look to turn their season around with an upset victory here over KC. The Minnesota offense is scoring 22.5 ppg, while passing for 303.5 ypg, rushing for 83.5 ypg, and converting 37% of their third downs.
Minnesota Player Props
• Kirk Cousins didn’t play very well in the win over Carolina, only going 12/19 for 139 yards with two touchdowns to two picks. The former MSU quarterback surpassed the 340-yard mark in the first three contests, so the effort could be attributed to the game script on the road, and he’ll have to bring his A-game here against Mahomes and the Chiefs.
• Alexander Mattison has started to find running room, as the Vikes have used the ground game more over the past two weeks, and he’s churned out a pair of 95-yard outings. Mattison leads the team in rushing with 250 yards on 56 carries.
• Justin Jefferson managed to score twice despite failing to reach the 145-yard mark for the first time last week, and he leads Minnesota in receptions (33) and receiving yards (543).
• The Minnesota defense is allowing 23.8 points per game.
Kansas City vs Minnesota Trends
• KC is 2-2 against the spread, with a 2-2 O/U record.
• MINN is 2-2 ATS, with a 1-3 over/under record.
Corey’s Free Pick
This contest could wind up stealing the show from the Dallas/San Francisco matchup, as Minnesota has a real chance to pull this off at home. The Vikings have played better than their 1-3 record, while the Chiefs have been unspectacular in three of their first four games. Both teams are going to find production, and while I like taking the shot with Minnesota here at home, the Over will bring more security, as this should be a contested battle.