Bears vs Commanders Prediction - NFL Picks 10/5/23
Washington Commanders (2-2) vs Chicago Bears (0-4)
Game Info: Thursday, October 5, 2023 at 8:15 pm (FedEx Field)
Betting Odds: Washington Commanders -6 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Amazon Prime Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Chicago Bears and Washington Commanders face off on Thursday in a Week 5 NFL showdown at FedEx Field.
How Do The Bears Bounce Back?
The big question for the Bears right now is how do they bounce back from the last game. In the last game against the Denver Broncos the Bears were up 21-7 and it looked like they might finally pick up their first game. In the 4th quarter though, the Bears gave up 17 points and that led to the three point defeat. Even though the Bears lost, Justin Fields had a strong game completing 28 of his 35 passes for 335 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception. D.J. Moore also had a huge game catching eight passes for 131 yards and a touchdown. The Bears are averaging 18.8 points while their defense is giving up 34.3 points per game. The defense is ranked 31st in the league. Wide receiver Chase Claypool has been asked to stay away from the team.
Bears Betting Trends
- The Bears have lost each of their last 13 games against NFC opponents.
- The Bears have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games following a loss.
- The Bears have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games as underdogs following a home loss.
- The Bears have lost the first quarter in nine of their last 10 October road games against NFC opponents.
- The Bears have lost the first half in eight of their last nine October games as road underdogs against NFC opponents.
Commanders Look for Second Win
On the other side of this matchup is the Washington Commanders who are looking for their second win of the season. The only win for this season came against the Denver Broncos and they were defeated 35-33. Two games ago against the Buffalo Bills, the Commanders only scored three runs and that led to the 34 point defeat. In the last game against the Philadelphia Eagles they made it to overtime, but they lost by three points. Sam Howell completed 29 of his 41 passes for 290 yards, one touchdown, and zero interception. The Commanders are averaging 22.3 points while their defense is giving up 30.0 points per game.
Commanders Betting Trends
- The Commanders have lost each of their last six Week 5 home games.
- The Commanders have failed to cover the spread in each of their last six Week 5 games at FedExField.
- The Commanders have lost the first quarter in five of their last six games at FedExField against teams that held a losing record.
- The Commanders have lost the first half in each of their last six Week 5 games.
- The Commanders have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven games played as favorites on the East Coast.
Shane’s Free Pick
This is going to be an ugly game, but it’s going to be Chicago that is going to keep this game close. Justin Fields looked good in the last game and he’s going to find success again in this game with his offense. Look for the Bears offense to run up the score here and that is going to be the difference here. I wouldn’t be shocked if the Bears pull this game outright, but we will take the points. Back the Bears.