Seahawks vs Giants Prediction - NFL Picks 10/2/23
New York Giants (1-2) vs Seattle Seahawks (2-1)
Game Info: Monday, October 2, 2023 at 8:15 pm (MetLife Stadium)
Betting Odds: New York Giants +2 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ABC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Seattle Seahawks will play the New York Giants on Monday Night Football at MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey. New York is coming off of a loss to San Francisco, while Seattle has won two games in a row.
The Seattle Seahawks are 2-1 this season after they defeated the Carolina Panthers by a score of 37-27 last week. Seattle trailed 13-9 late in the second quarter and 13-12 at the half, but their offense exploded for 25 points in the second half. The Seahawks out gained Carolina by a total of 425-378, but they only went 3-13 on third downs in the win. Seattle lost to the Rams in Week 1, but they bounced back with a nice win on the road in Detroit in Week 2. The Seattle offense is averaging 29 points per game with 228.3 passing yards per game and 104.3 rushing yards per game this year. Geno Smith has thrown for 736 yards, four touchdowns, and one interception for the Seahawks this season. Kenneth Walker III has rushed for 204 yards and four scores, while DK Metcalf has caught 15 passes for 234 yards and one touchdown. The Seattle defense is giving up 29.3 points against per game this season.
The New York Giants are 1-2 this season after they lost to the San Francisco 49ers by a score of 30-12 in their last game. New York was tied at three after the first quarter, but trailed 17-6 at the half. The Giants did cut the lead to 17-12 early in the third quarter, but were unable to score again. New York was out gained by a total of 441-150 and turned the ball over one time in the game. The Giants lost their first game of the season to Dallas by a score of 40-0, but did get a win against Arizona on the road in Week 2. The New York offense is scoring 14.3 points per game with 165.3 passing yards per game and 88 rushing yards per game this year. Daniel Jones has thrown for 562 yards, two touchdowns, and four interceptions, while rushing for 107 yards and one touchdown for the Giants this season. Saquon Barkley is the leading rusher for the Giants, but he is doubtful for this game. Darren Waller has caught 12 passes for 132 yards for New York this year. The New York defense is allowing 32.7 points against per game this year and they have really struggled in all three games.
New York Giants Team Facts
- The Giants have lost each of their last seven Monday games.
- The Giants have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games against NFC West opponents.
- The Giants have lost the first quarter in each of their last four home games.
- The Giants have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four Monday games at MetLife Stadium.
- The Giants have lost the first half in each of their last 10 games as underdogs against NFC West opponents.
Seattle Seahawks Team Facts
- The Seahawks have won each of their last seven Week 4 road games.
- The Seahawks have covered the spread in each of their last four Week 4 games.
- The road team has won the first quarter in four of the Seahawks' last five Week 4 games.
- The Seahawks have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight games as favorites against NFC East opponents.
- The Seahawks have won the first half in seven of their last eight games against NFC East opponents.
New York Giants Player Prop Facts
- Isaiah Hodgins has scored a touchdown in three of the Giants' last four home games.
- Daniel Jones has thrown two touchdowns in three of the Giants' last four games following a loss.
- Daniel Jones has recorded 43+ rushing yards in each of the Giants' last four games following a road loss.
- Darren Waller has recorded 48+ receiving yards in five of his last six October appearances with his team as an underdog.
- Daniel Jones was one of only five players in the NFL to record 2,000 passing yards and 500 rushing yards last season
Seattle Seahawks Player Prop Facts
- Kenneth Walker III has scored at least one touchdown in six of his last eight appearances following a win.
- Geno Smith has recorded 20+ rushing yards in four of his last five appearances with his team as a favorite following a win.
- Geno Smith has recorded 253+ passing yards in three of the Seahawks' last four games.
- Tyler Lockett has recorded 91+ receiving yards in four of the Seahawks' last five October road games against NFC opponents.
- Geno Smith has thrown two or more touchdowns in three of his four previous October road appearances against NFC opponents.
- Geno Smith has recorded 23+ completions in three of the Seahawks' last four games against NFC opponents.
- Geno Smith ranked 1st in the NFC for Passing Touchdowns (30) last season
- The Giants ranked T2nd in the NFL in fumbles recovered (13) last season
- The Giants ranked 4th in the NFL in rushing yards per game (148.2) last season
- The Seahawks ranked 30th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game (150.2) last season
- The Seahawks ranked T4th in the NFL in fumbles recovered (11) last season
New York has not played well against the 49ers and the Cowboys, which is expected, but they nearly lost to Arizona in their second game. The Seahawks have won two games in a row, and while their defense has struggled, the offense has been very good. Seattle has allowed 27, 31, and 30 points in their first three games, so this is an opportunity for the New York offense to move the ball. I think the Seattle offense will continue their strong play, but I also expect Jones and the Giants offense to score some points. I like the over here.