Vikings vs Panthers Prediction - NFL Picks 10/1/23
Carolina Panthers (0-3) vs Minnesota Vikings (0-3)
Game Info: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Bank of America Stadium)
Betting Odds: Carolina Panthers +4.5 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Minnesota Vikings and Carolina Panthers face off on Sunday in a Week 4 college football showdown at the Bank of America Stadium.
Vikings Need to Stop Turning the Ball Over
If it wasn’t for turnovers, the Vikings very well could be 3-0 right now. In three games the Vikings have had nine turnovers and it seems every time there is a key moment the Vikings give away the ball. In the last game against the Chargers the Vikings scored 24 points, but the defense gave up 28 points. Kirk Cousins had another big game completing 32 of his 50 passes for 367 yards, three touchdowns, and one interception. The Vikings are averaging 23 points while their defense is giving up 27.3 points per game. Justin Jefferson has caught 27 passes for 458 yards and a touchdown.
Vikings Betting Trends
- The Vikings have lost each of their last three Sunday games as favorites.
- The Vikings have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games against NFC opponents.
- The Vikings have won the first half in each of their last seven October games as favorites.
- The Vikings have lost the first quarter in each of their last three games as favorites.
- The Vikings have scored the first touchdown in each of their last seven games as favorites following a home loss.
Bryce Young Returns
Bryce Young is returning to the Panthers this week after missing the last game with an ankle injury. Young so far this season has shown some flashes, but has also showed that he is a rookie at other times. The Panthers sit with an 0-3 record overall and they are coming off a 37-27 loss against the Seahawks. Andy Dalton did have a strong game for the Panthers completing 34 of his 58 passes for 361 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. The Panthers are averaging 18 points while their defense is giving up 27 points per game. DJ Chark JR is dealing with a hamstring injury but he’s expected to go in this game.
Panthers Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won five of the Panthers' last six games at Bank of America Stadium.
- The Panthers have failed to cover the spread in six of their last seven October games at Bank of America Stadium.
- The Panthers have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven home games against NFC North opponents.
- The Panthers have won the first half in each of their last four Week 4 games as underdogs.
- Each of the Panthers' last five games at Bank of America Stadium following a road loss have gone UNDER the total points line.
Shane’s Free Pick
The Vikings are going to make a statement in this game. The Vikings are going to stop turning the ball over and Kirk Cousins is going to have a big game here. The Panthers just gave up 37 points in the last game and they are going to really struggle again in this game. The Vikings are going to have no issue running up the score and Justin Jefferson will find the end zone a couple of times. Back the Vikings laying the points.