Ravens vs Browns Prediction - NFL Picks 10/1/23
Cleveland Browns (2-1) vs Baltimore Ravens (2-1)
Game Info: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Cleveland Browns Stadium)
Betting Odds: Cleveland Browns -1 -- Over/Under: 39 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Baltimore Ravens and Cleveland Browns face off on Sunday in a Week 4 NFL showdown at First Energy Stadium.
Ravens Look to Bounce Back
The Ravens had won their first two games of the season and they had high hopes for what happen against the Colts in the last game. The offense only scored 19 points and they ended up losing by a field goal in overtime. Lamar Jackson completed 22 of his 31 passes for 202 yards. He also rushed 14 times for 101 yards and two touchdowns. The Ravens are averaging 23.7 runs while their pitching is giving up 18.3 points per game. The offense is ranked 14th while the defense is ranked 8th.
Ravens Betting Trends
- The Ravens have lost each of their last nine Sunday games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Ravens have covered the spread in each of their last six games as underdogs before a Division game.
- The Ravens have lost the first half in each of their last five games as road underdogs following a home loss.
- The Ravens have won the first quarter in each of their last four road games after coming off overtime.
- The Ravens have scored the first touchdown in 17 of their last 21 Sunday games.
Can Browns Defense Step Up Again?
The Browns sit with a 2-2 record and they sure were impressive in the last game. The Browns scored 27 points against the Tennessee Titans but even more impressive was the defense that gave up only three points. Deshaun Watson had a strong game completing 27 of his 33 passes for 289 yards and three touchdowns. Amari Cooper also had a strong game catching seven passes for 116 yads and a touchdown. One thing that needs to be improved on is the run game. Without Nick Chubb, someone like Kareem Hunt needs to step up.
Browns Betting Trends
- The Browns have lost five of their last six games as favorites following a win.
- The Browns have failed to cover the spread in 10 of their last 11 Sunday games against teams that held a winning record.
- The favorites have won the first half in each of the last seven games between the Ravens and Browns.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in three of the Browns' last four Week 4 games.
- The Browns have scored the first touchdown in each of their last 11 games as home favorites against AFC North opponents.
Ravens vs Browns Facts
- The Browns ranked 6th in the NFL in rushing yards per game (146.5) last season
- The Browns ranked T27th in the NFL in sacks (34.0) last season
- The Ravens ranked 1st in the AFC North for rushing yards per game last season (160.0)
- The Ravens ranked 1st in the AFC for rushing yards per game last season (160.0)
Shane’s Free Pick
There are better games to bet on here but we will take our chances with the Browns. The Ravens really struggled to move the ball against the Colts and they are going to struggle to move the ball here against a Browns defense that has a ton of confidence. The Browns are going to contain Lamar Jackson here and that will be enough for the Browns to get the job done here. Back the Browns against the spread.