Rams vs Colts Prediction - NFL Picks 10/1/23
Indianapolis Colts (2-1) vs Los Angeles Rams (1-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Lucas Oil Stadium)
Betting Odds: Indianapolis Colts -1 -- Over/Under: 46 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Rams and Indianapolis Colts meet Sunday in week 4 NFL action at Lucas Oil Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Los Angeles Rams Betting Preview
The Los Angeles Rams look for their second road win to get back to a .500 record. The Rams have lost 8 of their last 9 games. Matthew Stafford is completing 60.3 percent of his passes for 910 yards, 2 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Puka Nacua and Tutu Atwell have combined for 584 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Tyler Higbee has 11 receptions. The Los Angeles Rams ground game is averaging 84 yards per contest, and Kyren Williams leads the way with 142 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, Los Angeles is allowing 20.7 points and 284.7 yards per game. Ernest Jones leads the Los Angeles Rams with 28 tackles, Byron Young has 2 sacks and Ahkello Witherspoon has 1 interception.
Los Angeles Rams Team Facts
- The Rams have lost eight of their last nine road games.
- The Rams have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games as road underdogs against AFC opponents.
- The Rams have lost the first half in seven of their last eight road games following a road loss.
- The Rams have won the first quarter in each of their last nine games against AFC South opponents.
- The Rams have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games following a road loss.
Indianapolis Colts Betting Preview
The Indianapolis Colts look for a third straight win to get off to a 3-1 start. The Colts haven’t won a home game since October of last year. Gardner Minshew is completing 66.7 percent of his passes for 398 yards, 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Michael Pittman Jr. and Josh Downs have combined for 354 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Alec Pierce has 6 receptions. The Indianapolis Colts ground game is averaging 110 yards per contest, and Zack Moss leads the way with 210 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Indianapolis is allowing 23.3 points and 365 yards per game. Zaire Franklin leads the Indianapolis Colts with 45 tackles, Kwity Paye has 3 sacks and Tony Brown has 1 interception.
Indianapolis Colts Team Facts
- The Colts have lost each of their last six games at Lucas Oil Stadium.
- The Colts have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games as favorites.
- The Colts have lost the first half in each of their last nine games as favorites.
- The Colts have lost the first quarter in five of their last six games as favorites.
- The Colts have scored the first touchdown in nine of their last 12 games as favorites following a road win.
- The Colts ranked 1st in the NFL in average kickoff return (27.8 yards) last season
- The Colts ranked 32nd in the NFL in turnover differential (-13) last season
- The Rams ranked 32nd in the NFL in yards per game (280.5) last season
- The Rams ranked T28th in the NFL in fumbles recovered (6) last season
The Indianapolis Colts deserve some respect after back to back road wins, and they should have the edge in this one at home. The Los Angeles Rams have had offensive line issues this season, and they can't run the ball. The Colts defense is off to a strong start, and they're tied for second in the league with 12 sacks. The Colts front seven is probably the difference in this game and forces a turnover or two. Give me the Colts in this near pick em spot.