Raiders vs Chargers Prediction - NFL Picks 10/1/23
Los Angeles Chargers (1-2) vs Las Vegas Raiders (1-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 4:05 pm (SoFi Stadium)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Chargers -5 -- Over/Under: 48.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Las Vegas Raiders and Los Angeles Chargers meet Sunday in week 4 NFL action at SoFi Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Las Vegas Raiders Betting Preview
The Las Vegas Raiders look for their second road win to get back to a .500 record. The Raiders have lost 8 of their last 11 road games. Jimmy Garoppolo is completing 68.1 percent of his passes for 709 yards, 5 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Davante Adams and Jakobi Meyers have combined for 488 receiving yards and 5 touchdowns, while Josh Jacobs has 10 receptions. The Las Vegas Raiders ground game is averaging 61.7 yards per contest, and Jacobs leads the way with 108 yards on 45 carries. Defensively, Las Vegas is allowing 25.7 points and 347.7 yards per game. Robert Spillane leads the Las Vegas Raiders with 28 tackles, Maxx Crosby has 2 sacks and Nate Hobbs has 3 pass deflections.
Las Vegas Raiders Team Facts
- The Raiders have lost seven of their last eight road games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Raiders have failed to cover the spread in 10 of their last 11 road games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Raiders have won the first quarter in each of their last two October games as underdogs against AFC West opponents.
- The Raiders have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight games.
- The Raiders have lost the first half in each of their last five games following a home loss.
Los Angeles Chargers Betting Preview
The Los Angeles Chargers are also looking for a win to get back to a .500 record. The Chargers have split their last 8 home games. Justin Herbert is completing 74.4 percent of his passes for 939 yards, 6 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Keenan Allen and Mike Williams have combined for 651 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while Gerald Everett has 11 receptions. The Los Angeles Chargers ground game is averaging 108 yards per contest, and Joshua Kelley leads the way with 142 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Los Angeles is allowing 29 points and 450.7 yards per game. Derwin James Jr. leads the Los Angeles Chargers with 24 tackles, Joey Bosa has 3 sacks and J.C. Jackson has 1 interception.
Los Angeles Chargers Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Chargers' last four games.
- The road team has covered the spread in seven of the Chargers' last eight Week 4 games.
- The Chargers have won the first half in eight of their last nine home games against AFC West opponents.
- The Chargers have won the first quarter in each of their last six Week 4 games against AFC opponents.
- The Chargers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last 10 games.
- The Chargers ranked 31st in the NFL in average yards per punt (43.6) last season
- The Chargers ranked 30th in the NFL in rushing yards per game (89.6) last season
- The Raiders ranked 32nd in the NFL in average punt return (5.8 yards) last season
- The Raiders ranked 1st in the AFC West for rushing yards per game last season (121.1)
I'm not running to the window to lay chalk with the Chargers and this defense that's been in rough shape through 3 games, but the Raiders haven't been much better across the board and Jimmy Garoppolo may be out at quarterback. There's a good chance the Raiders are going to throw out Brian Hoyer or Aidan O'Connell at quarterback this week. No, tanks. Give me the Chargers by a touchdown.