Commanders vs Eagles Prediction - NFL Picks 10/1/23
Philadelphia Eagles (3-0) vs Washington Commanders (2-1)
Game Info: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Lincoln Financial Field)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia Eagles -9.5 -- Over/Under: 43 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Commanders do battle Sunday afternoon in week 4 NFL action at Lincoln Financial Field. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Washington Commanders Betting Preview
The Washington Commanders look for their second road win to improve to 3-1 on the year. The Commanders are 5-1-1 SU in their last 7 road games. Sam Howell is completing 65.7 percent of his passes for 671 yards, 3 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. Curtis Samuel and Terry McLaurin have combined for 253 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Jahan Dotson has 10 receptions. The Washington Commanders ground game is averaging 106.3 yards per contest, and Brian Robinson Jr. leads the way with 216 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, Washington is allowing 28.7 points and 331.7 yards per game. Cody Barton leads the Washington Commanders with 28 tackles, Montez Sweat has 3 sacks and Emmanuel Forbes has 1 interception.
Washington Commanders Team Facts
- The Commanders have won each of their last two games as heavy underdogs (>+7.0 points).
- The Commanders have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four Week 4 games as underdogs.
- The Commanders have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four Sunday games at Lincoln Financial Field.
- The Commanders have lost the first half in each of their last six October games as road underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Commanders have won the first quarter in each of their last three Sunday games against teams that held a winning record.
Philadelphia Eagles Betting Preview
The Philadelphia Eagles look for their second home win to remain undefeated on the season. The Eagles look for back-to-back 4-0 starts to the season. Jalen Hurts is completing 67.7 percent of his passes for 640 yards, 3 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. A.J. Brown and DeVonta Smith have combined for 445 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Dallas Goedert has 11 receptions. The Philadelphia Eagles ground game is averaging 185.7 yards per contest, and D’Andre Swift leads the way with 308 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Philadelphia is allowing 19.7 points and 310 yards per game. Reed Blankenship leads the Philadelphia Eagles with 19 tackles, Jordan Davis has 1.5 sacks and Darius Slay has 1 interception.
Philadelphia Eagles Team Facts
- The Eagles have won each of their last seven games at Lincoln Financial Field against teams that held a winning record.
- The Eagles have covered the spread in each of their last four home games in October.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in seven the Eagles' last eight Week 4 games.
- The Eagles have scored the first touchdown in each of their last eight games against NFC East opponents.
- The Eagles have won the first half in each of their last 11 games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Eagles ranked 1st in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game (179.8) last season
- The Eagles were the only team in the NFL to have over 4,000 passing yards and fewer than 550 pass attempts last season
- The Commanders ranked 3rd in the NFL in yards allowed per game (304.6) last season
- The Commanders ranked 4th in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game (191.3) last season
This is a lot of points for a division game, and the Eagles have a short week after playing Monday night. However, the Commanders have some showing and proving to do, especially after getting waxed by the Bills last week. Also, the Commander's two wins came against the Cardinals and Broncos, two below average teams, with the Broncos making a case as the worst team in the league. The Eagles are a balanced side and have picked up where they left off last season. I'll lay the chalk with the home team.