Chiefs vs Jets Prediction - NFL Picks 10/1/23
New York Jets (1-2) vs Kansas City Chiefs (2-1)
Game Info: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 8:20 pm (MetLife Stadium)
Betting Odds: New York Jets +9 -- Over/Under: 41.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Kansas City Chiefs and New York Jets meet in week 4 NFL Sunday Night Football at MetLife Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Kansas City Chiefs Betting Preview
The Kansas City Chiefs look for their second road win to get off to a 3-1 start. The Chiefs have won 4 straight road games. Patrick Mahomes is completing 65.5 percent of his passes for 803 yards, 7 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Justin Watson and Skyy Moore have combined for 270 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Rashee Rice has 10 receptions. The Kansas City Chiefs ground game is averaging 114.7 yards per contest, and Isiah Pacheco leads the way with 155 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Kansas City is allowing 13.3 points and 280.7 yards per game. Trent McDuffie leads the Kansas City Chiefs with 16 tackles, Chris Jones has 2.5 sacks and Mike Edwards has 1 interception.
Kansas City Chiefs Team Facts
- The Chiefs have won each of their last seven Sunday games.
- The Chiefs have covered the spread in nine of their last 10 road games in October.
- The Chiefs have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last eight games as favorites.
- The Chiefs have lost the first quarter in four of their last five games as road favorites following a win.
- The favorites have won the first half in each of the Chiefs' last nine games.
New York Jets Betting Preview
The New York Jets need a win see to get back to a .500 record. The Jets have split their last 6 home games. Zach Wilson is completing 52.4 percent of his passes for 467 yards, 2 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. Garrett Wilson and Allen Lazard have combined for 273 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Tyler Conklin has 9 receptions. The New York Jets ground game is averaging 91.3 yards per contest, and Breece Hall leads the way with 154 yards on 26 carries. Defensively, New York is allowing 20.3 points and 351.3 yards per game. Quincy Williams leads the New York Jets with 26 tackles, Quinton Jefferson has 2 sacks and Jordan Whitehead has 3 interceptions.
New York Jets Team Facts
- The Jets have lost each of their last seven Sunday games.
- The Jets have covered the spread in seven of their last eight home games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Jets have won the first quarter in three of their last four October games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- The Jets have lost the first half in 11 of their last 12 games as home underdogs following a loss.
- Each of the Jets' last nine games against AFC opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
- The Jets ranked 1st in the AFC East for total yards allowed per game last season (311.1)
- The Jets ranked 1st in the AFC for total yards allowed per game last season (311.1)
- The Chiefs ranked 1st in the NFL in points per game (29.2) last season
- The Chiefs ranked 1st in the NFL in yards per game (413.6) last season
The New York Jets defense in theory is good enough to keep them in this game, but the lack of offense keeps the defense on the field too much, and it eventually caves. The Jets are dead last in total offense, passing offense and scoring offense. Zach Wilson is still horrible, and Breece Hall isn't getting carries, leading to him taking subliminal shots on social media. The Jets are a complete mess, and a matchup with the Chiefs likely isn't where they start to turn things around. Give me the Chiefs in a double-digit victory.