Cardinals vs 49ers Prediction - NFL Picks 10/1/23
San Francisco 49ers (3-0) vs Arizona Cardinals (1-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 4:25 pm (Levi's Stadium)
Betting Odds: San Francisco 49ers -14 -- Over/Under: 43.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Arizona Cardinals and San Francisco 49ers meet Sunday in week 4 NFL action at Levi's Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Arizona Cardinals Betting Preview
The Arizona Cardinals look for their first road win to get back to a .500 record. The Cardinals have lost 4 straight road games. Joshua Dobbs is completing 72 percent of his passes for 549 yards, 2 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Michael Wilson and Marquise Brown have combined for 304 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Zach Ertz has 14 receptions. The Arizona Cardinals ground game is averaging 156.3 yards per contest, and James Conner leads the way with 266 yards and 2 touchdowns. Defensively, Arizona is allowing 22.3 points and 367.7 yards per game. Kyzir White leads the Arizona Cardinals with 30 tackles, Dennis Gardeckhas 3 sacks and Zaven Collins has 1 interception.
Arizona Cardinals Team Facts
- The Cardinals have lost each of their last six games when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- The underdogs have covered the spread in nine of the Cardinals' last 10 Week 4 games.
- The Cardinals have lost the first quarter in eight of their last nine Week 4 games.
- The Cardinals have scored the first touchdown in each of their last eight Sunday games played on the West Coast.
- The Cardinals have lost the first half in seven of their last eight games following a home win.
San Francisco 49ers Betting Preview
The San Francisco 49ers look for their second home win to remain undefeated on the season. The 49ers look for their first 4-0 start since 2019 when they made the Super Bowl. Brock Purdy is completing 67 percent of his passes for 736 yards, 4 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Deebo Samuel and Brandon Aiyuk have combined for 419 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while George Kittle has 13 receptions. The San Francisco 49ers ground game is averaging 162.7 yards per contest, and Christian McCaffrey leads the way with 353 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, San Francisco is allowing 14 points and 258.3 yards per game. Deommodore Lenoir leads the San Francisco 49ers with 25 tackles, Drake Jackson has 3 sacks and Talanoa Hufanga has 2 interceptions.
San Francisco 49ers Team Facts
- The 49ers have won each of their last 13 games played on the West Coast.
- The 49ers have covered the spread in each of their last 12 home games against NFC opponents.
- The 49ers have won the first quarter in each of their last seven games at Levi's Stadium following a home win.
- The 49ers have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven games as favorites against NFC West opponents.
- The 49ers have won the first half in nine of their last 10 games at Levi's Stadium following a home win.
- The 49ers ranked 1st in the NFL in points allowed per game (16.3) last season
- The 49ers ranked 1st in the NFL in yards allowed per game (300.6) last season
- The Cardinals ranked 31st in the NFL in points allowed per game (26.4) last season
- The Cardinals ranked T26th in the NFL in turnover differential (-5) last season
The San Francisco 49ers have the ability to blow the doors off here because they're the deeper, more talented team. There's also a potential letdown spot for the Cardinals after their big upset win over the Cowboys. With that said, double-digit chalk is a lot in the NFL, and the Cardinals appear to be better than expected. The Cardinals are one of the better rushing offenses in the league, and their two losses were decided by a combined 7 points. Lot of points. I want the Cards and the two free touchdowns.