Broncos vs Bears Prediction - NFL Picks 10/1/23
Chicago Bears (0-3) vs Denver Broncos (0-3)
Game Info: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Soldier Field)
Betting Odds: Chicago Bears +3.5 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Denver Broncos and Chicago Bears face off on Sunday in a Week 4 college football showdown at Soldier Field.
Is this Broncos Season Lost?
Remember when there was talk from Sean Payton about how bad the coaching was last year for the Broncos and how this was actually a talented roster? Maybe Payton regrets saying those comments because the Broncos are awful. The Broncos sit with an 0-3 record and in the last game against the Dolphins they were blown out. The defense gave up 70 points and that led to the 50-point defeat. The defense couldn’t stop the pass and they especially couldn’t stop the pass. The Broncos are averaging 23 points per game while their defense is giving up 40.7 points per game.
Broncos Betting Trends
- The Broncos have lost each of their last four Sunday games as road favorites.
- The Broncos have failed to cover the spread in nine of their last 10 Sunday games as favorites.
- The Broncos have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five road games against NFC North opponents.
- The Broncos have lost the first half in five of their last six Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Broncos have lost the first quarter in four of their last five games as road favorites against NFC opponents.
What is Wrong With Justin Fields?
There were many believed that Justin Fields would win the MVP this season but instead all he has been has been a major disappointment. In the last game against the Chiefs FIelds again had a terrible game. He completed 11 of his 22 passes for 99 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. He did rush for 47 yards also but going forward, he needs to be a lot more dynamic through the air. The Bears offense is averaging only 15.7 points while their defense is giving up 35.3 points per game.
Bears Betting Trends
- The Bears have lost each of their last 13 games.
- The Bears have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven Sunday games against teams that held a losing record.
- The Bears have lost the first half in each of their last six Sunday games.
- The home team has won the first quarter in seven the Bears' last eight Week 4 games.
- The Bears have scored the first touchdown in nine of their last 12 Week 4 games.
Shane’s Free Pick
The good news is at least one of these teams has to win. I don’t trust this Bears team, but I also don’t trust the Broncos. The Broncos defense is a major issue and they are going to really struggle in this game. Fields is going to have a bigger game through the air. It still might not be enough for the Bears to pick up the victory, but it’s going to be enough to keep them close. Back the Bears getting the points.