Bengals vs Titans Prediction - NFL Picks 10/1/23
Tennessee Titans (1-2) vs Cincinnati Bengals (1-2)
Game Info: Sunday, October 1, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Nissan Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tennessee Titans +2.5 -- Over/Under: 41 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Cincinnati Bengals will play the Tennessee Titans on Sunday afternoon at Nissan Stadium in Nashville, Tennessee. Cincinnati was able to get their first win of the year last week, while Tennessee was blown out by the Browns.
The Cincinnati Bengals are 1-2 this season after they defeated the Los Angeles Rams by a score of 19-16 in their last game. Cincinnati was tied at halftime and trailed 9-6 early in the third quarter, but they scored the next 13 points to get the win. The Bengals out gained LA by a total of 309-292 and forced two turnovers in the game. Cincinnati lost to Cleveland and Baltimore to start the season, and you can tell Burrow is not comfortable yet. The Cincinnati offense is scoring 15.3 points per game with 175 passing yards per game and 69.3 rushing yards per game this year. Joe Burrow has thrown for 563 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions for the Bengals this season. Joe Mixon has rushed for 180 yards and one touchdown, while Ja’Marr Chase has caught 22 passes for 211 yards. The Cincinnati defense is allowing 22.3 points against per game, but they played very well in the red zone against the Rams.
The Tennessee Titans are 1-2 this season after they lost to the Cleveland Browns by a score of 27-3 last week. Tennessee tied the game at three early in the second quarter, but was out scored by a total of 24-0 to end the game. The Titans were out gained by a total of 341-94 and went 2-12 on third downs in the loss. Tennessee lost to New Orleans by a score of 16-15 to open the season, but did beat the Chargers by a score of 27-24 in Week 2. The Tennessee offense is averaging 15 points per game with 149.7 passing yards per game and 90.3 rushing yards per game. Ryan Tannehill has thrown for 548 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions for the Titans this year. Derrick Henry (questionable) has rushed for 163 yards and one touchdown, while DeAndre Hopkins (questionable) has caught 14 passes for 153 yards this year. The Tennessee defense is giving up 22.3 points against per game, but has been very good against the run.
Tennessee Titans Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Titans' last five Week 4 games.
- The Titans have covered the spread in each of their last eight games in October.
- The Titans have lost the first half in each of their last five home games following a loss.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in four of the Titans' last five Week 4 games.
- The Titans have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games as underdogs against AFC North opponents.
Cincinnati Bengals Team Facts
- The Bengals have won seven of their last eight Week 4 games.
- The Bengals have covered the spread in seven of their last eight road games against AFC South opponents.
- The Bengals have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games as favorites against AFC opponents.
- The Bengals have lost the first half in five of their last six games as favorites following a home win.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in four of the Bengals' last five Week 4 games.
Tennessee Titans Player Prop Facts
- Nick Westbrook-Ikhine has scored the last touchdown in three of the Titans' last four Sunday games at Nissan Stadium.
- Ryan Tannehill has scored a touchdown in each of the Titans' last three October games as home underdogs.
- Ryan Tannehill has recorded 19+ completions in each of his last four home appearances.
- Ryan Tannehill has recorded 12+ rushing yards in three of his last four home appearances.
- Chigoziem Okonkwo has recorded 35+ receiving yards in each of the Titans' last four Sunday games at Nissan Stadium.
- Ryan Tannehill has recorded 209+ passing yards in each of his last six appearances with the Titans as home underdogs.
- Kevin Byard ranked T4th in the AFC for Interceptions (4) last season
Cincinnati Bengals Player Prop Facts
- Joe Mixon has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last seven regular season appearances against AFC South opponents.
- Joe Mixon has recorded 61+ rushing yards in each of the Bengals' last four Week 4 games.
- Tee Higgins has recorded 77+ receiving yards in each of his six previous appearances against AFC South opponents.
- Tee Higgins was one of only seven players in the NFL to record 1,000 receiving yards with less than 80 receptions last season
- The Titans ranked 1st in the NFL in total punt yards (4779) last season
- The Titans ranked 1st in the NFL in average yards per punt (53.1) last season
- The Bengals ranked 1st in the AFC North for total yards per game last season (360.5)
- The Bengals ranked 1st in the AFC North for passing yards per game last season (265.0)
The Bengals were able to get in the win column last week against the Rams, but the offense continues to struggle and Burrow is noticeably uncomfortable. On the other side, the Titans were steamrolled by Cleveland last week and were terrible on offense. Both defenses have allowed a good amount of yards and I have not been impressed by either team through three games. I am going to side with the Bengals in this game, as I like their skill position players more than I like the Tennessee skill position players. I will also take a banged up Burrow over Tannehill just about every time.