Eagles vs Buccaneers Predictions - NFL Picks 9/25/23
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0) vs Philadelphia Eagles (2-0)
Game Info: Monday, September 25, 2023 at 7:15 pm (Raymond James Stadium)
Betting Odds: Tampa Bay Buccaneers +5 -- Over/Under: 45.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: ESPN Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Philadelphia Eagles and Tampa Bay Buccaneers face off on Monday Night Football in a Week 3 showdown at Raymond James Stadium. One team will be picking up their first loss of the season.
Eagles Offense Finally Starts Clicking
The Eagles sit with a 2-0 record but in the first game, the offense wasn’t exactly dominant. In the last game against the Minnesota Vikings though the offense scored 34 points and that was enough for the victory. Jalen Hurts completed 18 of his 23 passes for 193 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. D’Andre Swift also had quite the game finishing with 28 carries for 175 yards and a touchdown. The Eagles are averaging 29.5 points while their defense is giving up 24 points per game. DeVonta Smith is dealing with a hamstring injury but it looks like he’s going to be able to go in this game.
Eagles Betting Trends
- The Eagles have lost four of their last five matches as away favorites when playing with a rest advantage.
- The Eagles have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five away matches when playing with a rest advantage.
- The Eagles have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games as favorites.
- The Eagles have won the first quarter in four of their last five road games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Eagles have won the first half in each of their last nine games following a win.
Buccaneers Face Big Test
The Buccaneers sit with a 2-0 record, but this is by far their biggest test of the season. In the first game of the season the Buccaneers were able to win 20-17 and in the last game against the Chicago Bears they were able to secure the 27-17 victory. The defense in this game is going to have to step up in a big way and really put the pressure on Hurts. The Buccaneers are averaging 23.5 points while their defense is giving up 17 points per game. The offense is ranked 16th in the league while the defense is ranked 8th. On the season Baker Mayfield has thrown for 490 yards, three touchdowns, and zero interceptions.
Buccaneers Betting Trends
- The underdogs have won six of the Buccaneers' last seven Week 3 games.
- The Buccaneers have failed to cover the spread in nine of their last 10 Week 3 games.
- The Buccaneers have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games as underdogs following a win.
- The Buccaneers have won the first quarter in each of their last three September games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Buccaneers have won the first half in each of their last five games against the Eagles.
Eagles vs Buccaneers Facts
- The Buccaneers ranked 1st in the NFC South for passing yards per game last season (269.8)
- The Buccaneers ranked 1st in the NFC for passing yards per game last season (269.8)
- The Eagles ranked 1st in the NFL in sacks (70.0) last season
- The Eagles ranked 1st in the NFC East for points scored per game last season (28.1)
Shane’s Free Pick
The Buccaneers are facing a step up in competition from last week, and they are going to struggle here. Hurts finally looks like he is playing with some confidence again, and he’s going to have no issue against this ucs defense. Baker Mayfield isn’t going to find a whole lot of success and that is going to be the difference here. This is going to be a blowout victory by the Eagles. Back the Eagles against the spread.