Titans vs Browns Prediction - NFL Picks 9/24/23
Cleveland Browns (1-1) vs Tennessee Titans (1-1)
Game Info: Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Cleveland Browns Stadium)
Betting Odds: Cleveland Browns -3.5 -- Over/Under: 39 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Tennessee Titans will play the Cleveland Browns in Week 3 on Sunday afternoon at Cleveland Browns Stadium in Cleveland, Ohio. Tennessee comes into this game after a big overtime win last week, while Cleveland lost on Monday Night Football.
The Tennessee Titans are 1-1 this season after they defeated the Los Angeles Chargers by a score of 27-24 in overtime last week. Tennessee trailed 14-10 at the half, but took a lead into the fourth quarter. The Chargers forced overtime with a field goal as time expired, but the Titans won on a 41 yard field goal by Nick Folk in overtime. Tennessee was out gained by one yard, 342-341, but held LA to only 2-14 on third down attempts in the win. The Titans lost to New Orleans by a score of 16-15 in their season opener. The Tennessee offense is scoring 21 points per game with 190.5 passing yards per game and 122.5 rushing yards per game this year. Ryan Tannehill has thrown for 444 yards, one touchdown, and three interceptions for the Titans this season. Derrick Henry has rushed for 143 yards and one touchdown, while DeAndre Hopkins (questionable) has caught 11 passes for 105 yards. The Titans defense is allowing 20 points against per game and has played very well through two weeks.
The Cleveland Browns are 1-1 this season after they lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers by a score of 26-22 in their last game. Cleveland led this game by a score of 22-19 in the fourth quarter, but gave up a fumble returned for a touchdown to give Pittsburgh the lead. The Browns had two turnovers that were returned for touchdowns in the loss. Cleveland out gained Pittsburgh by a total of 408-255, but turned the ball over four times in the game. The Browns defeated Cincinnati by a score of 24-3 in Week 1. The Cleveland offense is averaging 23 points per game with 177 passing yards per game and 202 rushing yards per game this year. Deshaun Watson has thrown for 389 yards, two touchdowns, and two interceptions, while rushing for 67 yards and one score for Cleveland this year. Nick Chubb is one of the best running backs in the NFL, but he is out for the season with an injury. Jerome Ford has rushed for 142 yards, while Amari Cooper (questionable) has caught 10 passes for 127 yards. The Cleveland defense is giving up 14.5 points against per game and has been one of the best defenses to start the season.
Cleveland Browns Team Facts
- The Browns have lost three of their last four matches as home favorites when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- The Browns have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine matches at Cleveland Browns Stadium when playing with a rest disadvantage.
- The favorites have won the first half in seven of the Browns' last eight games.
- The Browns have scored the first touchdown in 10 of their last 11 games as home favorites.
- The road team has won the first quarter in three of the Browns' last four Week 3 games.
Tennessee Titans Team Facts
- The Titans have won eight of their last 10 September games as underdogs.
- The Titans have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games against AFC North opponents.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in four of the Titans' last five Week 3 games.
- The Titans have won the first half in each of their last six games following a home win.
- The Titans have scored the first touchdown in 10 of their last 11 games following a win.
Cleveland Browns Player Prop Facts
- Deshaun Watson has scored a touchdown in four of his last five September appearances with his team as a favorite.
- Deshaun Watson has thrown two or more touchdowns in each of his four previous Week 3 appearances.
- Deshaun Watson has recorded 243+ passing yards in eight of his last nine appearances against AFC South opponents.
- Elijah Moore has recorded 43+ receiving yards in each of his four previous September home appearances against AFC opponents.
- Deshaun Watson has recorded 36+ rushing yards in five of his last six Sunday home appearances.
- Deshaun Watson has recorded 20+ completions in seven of his last eight Sunday appearances with his team as a home favorite.
- Nick Chubb ranked T4th in the NFL in Touchdowns (13) last season
Tennessee Titans Player Prop Facts
- Ryan Tannehill has scored a touchdown in each of the Titans' last two September games as underdogs against AFC opponents.
- Ryan Tannehill has recorded 220+ passing yards in five of the Titans' last six regular season games against AFC North opponents.
- Chigoziem Okonkwo has recorded 35+ receiving yards in seven of the Titans' last eight games against AFC opponents.
- Ryan Tannehill has recorded 13+ rushing yards in five of his last six road appearances against AFC North opponents.
- Ryan Tannehill has recorded 19+ completions in six of his last seven appearances with the Titans as underdogs following a win.
- Ryan Tannehill has thrown three touchdowns in two of his last three appearances against the Browns.
- Kevin Byard ranked T4th in the AFC for Interceptions (4) last season
- The Browns ranked 6th in the NFL in rushing yards per game (146.5) last season
- The Browns ranked T27th in the NFL in sacks (34.0) last season
- The Titans ranked 1st in the NFL in total punt yards (4779) last season
- The Titans ranked 1st in the NFL in average yards per punt (53.1) last season
The Browns played well enough to get a win on Monday against Pittsburgh, but they turned the ball over too many times and ended up with the loss. Cleveland needs to get more from Deshaun Watson, as he did not play very well against Pittsburgh. Tennessee bounced back from a Week 1 loss with a nice win over the Chargers, but they are going to struggle against a very good Cleveland defense in this matchup. I expect the Browns to struggle with the absence of Chubb and I think we are going to see a lower scoring game. Take the under here.