Steelers vs Raiders Prediction - NFL Picks 9/24/23
Las Vegas Raiders (1-1) vs Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1)
Game Info: Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 8:20 pm (Allegiant Stadium)
Betting Odds: Las Vegas Raiders -2.5 -- Over/Under: 43 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: NBC Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Pittsburgh Steelers will play the Las Vegas Raiders in Week 3 on Sunday Night Football at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. Pittsburgh was able to get their first win of the season with a couple of defensive scores last week, while Las Vegas suffered a blowout loss in Buffalo.
The Pittsburgh Steelers are 1-1 this season after they defeated the Cleveland Browns by a score of 26-22 last week. Pittsburgh led this game at the half, but they trailed 22-19 in the fourth quarter. The Steelers were able to force a fumble and return it for a touchdown for the win. Pittsburgh was out gained by a total of 408-255 and forced four turnovers in the game. The Steelers also forced a pick six on the first drive of the game. Pittsburgh lost to San Francisco by a score of 30-7 in Week 1. The Steelers offense is scoring 16.5 points per game with 199 passing yards per game and 48 rushing yards per game this year. Kenny Pickett has thrown for 454 yards, two touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Steelers this season. Najee Harris has rushed for 74 yards, while George Pickens has caught nine passes for 163 yards and one score. The Pittsburgh defense is allowing 26 points against per game this season and they have really struggled through two games.
The Las Vegas Raiders are 1-1 this season after they lost to Buffalo by a score of 38-10 in Week 2. Las Vegas led this game 7-0 and only trailed 14-10 late in the second quarter, but Buffalo pulled away for the blowout win. The Raiders were out gained by a total of 450-240 and turned the ball over three times in the loss. Las Vegas defeated Denver by a score of 17-16 in their first game. The Las Vegas offense is averaging 13.5 points per game with 192.5 passing yards per game and 58 rushing yards per game this year. Jimmy Garoppolo has thrown for 385 yards, three touchdowns, and three interceptions for the Raiders this season. Josh Jacobs has rushed for 46 yards, while Davante Adams has caught 12 passes for 150 yards and one score. The Las Vegas defense is giving up 27 points against per game and had a really tough time slowing down the Bills last week.
Las Vegas Raiders Team Facts
- The Raiders have won each of their last five September games against AFC North opponents.
- The Raiders have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games as favorites before a Division game.
- The Raiders have lost the first half in each of their last five September games against AFC opponents.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in five the Raiders' last six Week 3 games.
- The Raiders have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven games.
Pittsburgh Steelers Team Facts
- The Steelers have won each of their last three games as road underdogs.
- The Steelers have covered the spread in each of their last four Sunday games played on the West Coast.
- The Steelers have won the first quarter in each of their last three games as road underdogs.
- The road team has won the first half in each of the Steelers' last five Week 3 games.
- Each of the Steelers' last six road openers as underdogs against AFC opponents have gone UNDER the total points line.
Las Vegas Raiders Player Prop Facts
- Jimmy Garoppolo has recorded 257+ passing yards in three of his last four September appearances with his team as a home favorite.
- Josh Jacobs has recorded 17+ receiving yards in eight of the Raiders' last nine Sunday games.
- Josh Jacobs has scored at least one touchdown in six of the Raiders' last seven Sunday games played on the West Coast.
- Josh Jacobs has recorded 78+ rushing yards in each of the Raiders' last six games played as favorites on the West Coast.
- Davante Adams ranked 1st in the NFL in Receiving Touchdowns (14) last season
Pittsburgh Steelers Player Prop Facts
- Najee Harris has scored a touchdown in each of the Steelers' last three games as road underdogs.
- Pat Freiermuth has recorded 36+ receiving yards in seven of his last eight regular season road appearances against AFC opponents.
- Kenny Pickett has recorded 14+ rushing yards in four of his last five road appearances.
- Kenny Pickett has recorded 232+ passing yards in three of the Steelers' last four games as underdogs following a win.
- Kenny Pickett has recorded 25+ completions in three of the Steelers' last four games following a home win.
- Najee Harris was one of only seven players in the NFL to record 3+ rushing TDs and 3+ receivng TDs last season
- The Raiders ranked T31st in the NFL in interceptions (6) last season
- The Raiders ranked 30th in the NFL in sacks (27.0) last season
- The Steelers ranked 31st in the NFL in kickoff return yards per game (30.0) last season
- The Steelers ranked 30th in the NFL in average punt return (5.9 yards) last season
Pittsburgh was able to get their first win of the season last week, but their offense has not looked very good through the first two games. The Steelers used two defensive touchdowns to get by the Browns, but only put up 255 total yards on offense. The Raiders have also looked rough on the offensive side of the ball, but their defense is allowing about 60 yards fewer per game. I am not impressed with either of these two teams, but I am going to take the Raiders at home, as I think their running game will finally get going.