Saints vs Packers Prediction - NFL Picks 9/24/23
Green Bay Packers (1-1) vs New Orleans Saints (2-0)
Game Info: Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Lambeau Field)
Betting Odds: Green Bay Packers -1 -- Over/Under: 42.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The New Orleans Saints and Green Bay Packers do battle Sunday afternoon in week 3 NFL action at Lambeau Field. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
New Orleans Saints Betting Preview
The New Orleans Saints look for their second road win to remain undefeated on the season. The Saints look for their first 3-0 start since the 2013 season. Derek Carr is completing 63.8 percent of his passes for 533 yards, 1 touchdown and 2 interceptions. Chris Olave and Rashid Shaheed have combined for 350 receiving yards and 1 touchdown, while Juwan Johnson has 12 receptions. The New Orleans Saints ground game is averaging 101.5 yards per contest, and Taysom Hill leads the way with 79 yards on 12 carries. Defensively, New Orleans is allowing 16 points and 262 yards per game. Demario Davis leads the New Orleans Saints with 17 tackles, Carl Granderson has 2.5 sacks and Marshon Lattimore has 1 interception.
New Orleans Saints Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Saints' last seven Week 3 games.
- The underdogs have covered the spread in each of the Saints' last eight Week 3 games.
- The Saints have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last nine Week 3 games.
- The Saints have won the first quarter in each of their last four games as road underdogs following a road win.
- The Saints have won the first half in nine of their last 10 games as underdogs following a road win.
Green Bay Packers Betting Preview
The Green Bay Packers look to get above a .500 record with their first home win. The Packers have won 5 of their last 8 home games. Jordan Love is completing 55.8 percent of his passes for 396 yards, 6 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Aaron Jones and Jayden Reed have combined for 171 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while Luke Musgrave has 5 receptions. The Green Bay Packers ground game is averaging 88 yards per contest, and AJ Dillon leads the way with 74 yards on 28 carries. Defensively, Green Bay is allowing 22.5 points and 378.5 yards per game. De'Vondre Campbell leads the Green Bay Packers with 21 tackles, Devonte Wyatt has 1.5 sacks and Quay Walker has 1 interception.
Green Bay Packers Team Facts
- The Packers have won each of their last 10 home openers.
- The Packers have covered the spread in eight of their last nine home openers against NFC opponents.
- The Packers have won the first half in eight of their last nine home games against NFC South opponents.
- The Packers have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games against NFC opponents.
- The Packers have lost the first quarter in three of their last four September games as favorites.
- The Packers ranked 1st in the NFL in kickoff return yards per game (70.9) last season
- The Packers ranked 1st in the NFC North for points allowed per game last season (21.8)
- The Saints ranked 1st in the NFC South for points allowed per game last season (20.3)
- The Saints ranked 1st in the NFC South for average point differential last season (-0.9)
The New Orleans Saints are off to a decent start, but the offense still has issues finishing drives, and wins over the Titans and Panthers don't move the needle a ton. We're going to learn a lot about the Saints in this contest. The Green Bay Packers are at home for the first time, and you know Lambeau will be jumping with this strong start tot the season. The Packers are second in scoring offense, and I'm going to assume the run defense will improve over time. Pretty much a pick em spot, give me the Packers at home.