Cowboys vs Cardinals Prediction - NFL Picks 9/24/23
Arizona Cardinals (0-2) vs Dallas Cowboys (2-0)
Game Info: Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 4:25 pm (State Farm Stadium)
Betting Odds: Arizona Cardinals +12.5 -- Over/Under: 43 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Dallas Cowboys and Arizona Cardinals face off on Sunday in a Week 3 NFL showdown at University of Phoenix Stadium.
This Cowboys Team is Good
The Cowboys team comes into this game with a perfect 2-0 record and they have a ton of confidence heading into this game. In the first game of the season against the New York Giants the Cowboys were able to secure the 40-0 victory and in the last game against the New York Jets they were able to secure the 30-10 victory. Dak Prescott had a big game completing 31 of his 38 passes for 255 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. CeeDee Lamb had a big game finishing with 11 catches for 143 yards. Trevon Diggs suffered a torn ACL during practice this week and that is a big loss for this team as he’s expected to miss the rest of the season. This is a loss for the secondary that they are going to have to overcome.
Cowboys Betting Trends
- The Cowboys have lost each of their last three games as favorites against NFC West opponents.
- The Cowboys have covered the spread in seven of their last eight games in September.
- The Cowboys have lost the first quarter in four of their last six games as heavy favorites (>-7.0 points).
- The favorites have won the first half in each of the Cowboys' last four games.
- The Cowboys have scored the first touchdown in each of their last six games as favorites following a home win.
Cardinals Have Been Competitive
The Cardinals have been competitive to start the season and even though they lost both of the games, this is a team that isn’t going to be an easy team to beat. In the first game against the Washington Commanders, the Cardinals were defeated 20-16 and in the last game against the New York Giants the Cardinals were defeated 31-28. Joshua Dobbs actually did play pretty well in the last game completing 21 of his 31 passes for 228 yards, one touchdown, and zero interceptions. James Connor also finished with 23 carries for 106 yards and a touchdown. The Cardinals are averaging 22 points while their defense is giving up 25.5 points per game.
Cardinals Betting Trends
- The Cardinals have lost each of their last nine Sunday games at State Farm Stadium.
- The Cardinals have covered the spread in each of their last six games as underdogs against NFC East opponents.
- The Cardinals have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four Sunday home games.
- The Cardinals have won the first quarter in five of their last six Week 3 games.
- The Cardinals have lost the first half in eight of their last nine games at State Farm Stadium against teams that held a winning record.
Cowboys vs Cardinals Facts
- The Cardinals ranked 24th in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game (230.3) last season
- The Cardinals ranked T23rd in the NFL in sacks (36.0) last season
- The Cowboys ranked 2nd in the NFL in turnover differential (+10) last season
- The Cowboys ranked T3rd in the NFL in sacks (54.0) last season
Shane’s Free Pick
I have been impressed with the way Dobbs has played this season and he’s going to find success again in this game. The loss of Diggs is key for the Cowboys defense and that is going to really hurt them in this game. Look for the Cardinals offense to find enough offensive success to keep this game within a blowout. I expect the Cardinals to keep this game within ten points and they will cover the spread here.