Colts vs Ravens Prediction - NFL Picks 9/24/23
Baltimore Ravens (2-0) vs Indianapolis Colts (1-1)
Game Info: Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 1:00 pm (M&T Bank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Baltimore Ravens -8 -- Over/Under: 44 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Indianapolis Colts and Baltimore Ravens face off on Sunday in a Week 3 NFL showdown at M&T Bank Stadium.
Gardner Minshaw In for Colts
Anthony Richardson has played pretty well to start to the season but he suffered a concussion in the last game and now he’s out for this game. Gardner Minshew is going to move into the starting lineup in this game. In the last game against the Houston Texans, Minshew completed 19 of his 23 passes for 171 yards and a touchdown. Zack Moss was also back in the last game and he had a strong game rushing for 88 yards and a touchdown. in the first game against the Jaguars the defense gave up 31 points and in this game they are going to need the defense to be a whole lot better.
Colts Betting Trends
- The Colts have lost each of their last seven road games against AFC North opponents.
- The home team has covered the spread in seven of the Colts' last eight Week 3 games.
- The Colts have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four road games against AFC North opponents.
- The Colts have won the first quarter in each of their last four games as underdogs following a road win.
- The Colts have lost the first half in seven of their last eight games in September.
Ravens Look for 3-0 start
The Ravens have knocked off the Houston Texans and Cincinnati Bengals so far this season. In the first game the Ravens beat the Houston Texans 25-9 and in the last game against the Cincinnati Bengals they were able to secure the 27-24. In the last game against the Bengals, Lamar Jackson completed 24 of his 33 passes for 237 yards, two touchdowns, and zero interceptions. The Ravens are averaging 26 points while their defense is giving up 16.5 points per game. Jackson on the season has thrown for 406 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Running back Justice Hill is dealing with a turf toe injury and he’s questionable for this game.
Ravens Betting Trends
- The Ravens have lost each of their last two games as favorites following a Division win.
- The Ravens have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight Sunday games as favorites.
- The Ravens have lost the first quarter in each of their last five Week 3 games as home favorites.
- The Ravens have won the first half in each of their last six September games as favorites.
- The Ravens have scored the first touchdown in 12 of their last 13 games at M&T Bank Stadium.
Colts vs Ravens Facts
- The Ravens ranked 1st in the AFC North for rushing yards per game last season (160.0)
- The Ravens ranked 1st in the AFC for rushing yards per game last season (160.0)
- The Colts ranked 1st in the AFC South for total yards allowed per game last season (334.0)
- The Colts ranked 2nd in the NFL in kickoff return yards per game (70.4) last season
Shane’s Free Pick
The Colts probably aren’t going to win this game, but they are going to keep this game close. Minshew looked in the last game and I trust him to fill in here. Moss also had a big game out of the backfield and the Colts are going to be able to lean on him here. Even if this game becomes higher scoring, the Colts have to offense to keep this game close. Back the Colts to keep this game within a field goal.