Chargers vs Vikings Prediction - NFL Picks 9/24/23
Minnesota Vikings (0-2) vs Los Angeles Chargers (0-2)
Game Info: Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 1:00 pm (U.S. Bank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Vikings -1 -- Over/Under: 54 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Los Angeles Chargers and Minnesota Vikings do battle Sunday afternoon in week 3 NFL action at U.S. Bank Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Los Angeles Chargers Betting Preview
The Los Angeles Chargers are still looking for their first win of the season. The Chargers look to avoid their first 0-3 start since the 2017 season. Justin Herbert is completing 67.6 percent of his passes for 534 yards, 3 touchdowns and 0 interceptions. Keenan Allen and Mike Williams have combined for 315 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Gerald Everett has 5 receptions. The Los Angeles Chargers ground game is averaging 147 yards per contest, and Joshua Kelley leads the way with 130 yards and 1 touchdown. Defensively, Los Angeles is allowing 31.5 points and 438.5 yards per game. Alohi Gilman leads the Los Angeles Chargers with 17 tackles, Joey Bosa has 2 sacks and J.C. Jackson has 1 interception.
Los Angeles Chargers Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Chargers' last four Week 3 games.
- The Chargers have covered the spread in each of their last six games as road underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Chargers have scored the first touchdown in each of their last nine games.
- The Chargers have won the first quarter in each of their last four games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Chargers have won the first half in seven of their last eight games as underdogs.
Minnesota Vikings Betting Preview
The Minnesota Vikings are also looking for their rest win of the season. The Vikings look to avoid their first 0-3 start since 2020. Kirk Cousins is completing 72.7 percent of his passes for 708 yards, 6 touchdowns and 1 interception. Justin Jefferson and Jordan Addison have combined for 442 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while T.J. Hockenson has 15 receptions. The Minnesota Vikings ground game is averaging 34.5 yards per contest, and Alexander Pattison leads the way with 62 yards on 19 carries. Defensively, Minnesota is allowing 27 points and 336 yards per game. Camryn Bynum leads the Minnesota Vikings with 25 tackles, Danielle Hunter has 4 sacks and Theo Jackson has 1 interception.
Minnesota Vikings Team Facts
- The Vikings have won each of their last seven games against AFC opponents.
- The Vikings have failed to cover the spread in seven of their last eight games.
- The Vikings have scored the first touchdown in each of their last nine Sunday games as favorites.
- The Vikings have lost the first quarter in each of their last five games as home favorites following a loss.
- The Vikings have won the first half in four of their last five home games against AFC West opponents.
- The Vikings ranked 1st in the NFC North for passing yards per game last season (263.8)
- The Vikings ranked 31st in the NFL in yards allowed per game (388.7) last season
- The Chargers ranked 31st in the NFL in average yards per punt (43.6) last season
- The Chargers ranked 30th in the NFL in rushing yards per game (89.6) last season
Must win game for two desperate teams, as it's nearly impossible to make the playoffs once starting a season 0-3. It's kind of expected from the Los Angeles Chargers, as they've been finding ways to lose close games for the last two decades and Herbert puts up sexy numbers but doesn't win. The Minnesota Vikings have lost their two games by a combined 9 points and could easily be unbeaten. The Vikings probably beat the Eagles on the road if Jefferson doesn't fumble in the back of the end zone. The Vikings are at home and the rushing offense should improve with the addition of Cam Akers. I like the Vikings to be the team to get their first win.