Broncos vs Dolphins Prediction - NFL Picks 9/24/23
Miami Dolphins (2-0) vs Denver Broncos (0-2)
Game Info: Sunday, September 24, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Hard Rock Stadium)
Betting Odds: Miami Dolphins -6.5 -- Over/Under: 48 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Miami Dolphins and Denver Broncos do battle Sunday afternoon in week 3 NFL action at Hard Rock Stadium. Let’s preview this game and give out a pick and prediction.
Denver Broncos Betting Preview
The Denver Broncos look for their first win of the season as they take the road for the first time. The Broncos look to avoid their first 0-3 start since 2020 when they won just 5 games on the season. Russell Wilson is completing 68.2 percent of his passes for 485 yards, 5 touchdowns and 1 interception. Marvin Mims Jr. and Courtland Sutton have combined for 220 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns, while Brandon Johnson has 4 receptions. The Denver Broncos ground game is averaging 108 yards per contest, and Javonte Williams leads the way with 96 yards on 25 carries. Defensively, Denver is allowing 26 points and 324.5 yards per game. Josey Jewell leads the Denver Broncos with 15 tackles, Jonathon Cooper has 2 sacks and Kareem Jackson has 1 interception.
Denver Broncos Team Facts
- The Broncos have lost each of their last five road games.
- The underdogs have covered the spread in nine of the Broncos' last 10 games.
- The Broncos have lost the first quarter in five of their last six road games in September.
- The favorites have won the first half in each of the Broncos' last five Week 3 games.
- Eight of the Broncos' last nine games in September have gone UNDER the total points line.
Miami Dolphins Betting Preview
The Miami Dolphins look for their first home win to remain undefeated on the season. The Dolphins look for back-to-back 3–0 starts to the NFL season. Tua Tagovailoa is completing 65.3 percent of his passes for 715 yards, 4 touchdowns and 2 interceptions. Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle have combined for 419 receiving yards and 3 touchdowns, while River Cracraft has 5 receptions. The Miami Dolphins ground game is averaging 107.5 yards per contest, and Raheem Mostert leads the way with 158 yards and 3 touchdowns. Defensively, Miami is allowing 25.5 points and 360.5 yards per game. Jevon Holland leads the Miami Dolphins with 25 tackles, Zach Sieler has 1 sack and Xavien Howard has 1 interception.
Miami Dolphins Team Facts
- The Dolphins have won each of their last 10 home games against AFC opponents.
- The Dolphins have covered the spread in each of their last six games against AFC opponents.
- The Dolphins have scored the first touchdown in six of their last seven home games against AFC West opponents.
- The Dolphins have lost the first half in each of their last six Week 3 games as favorites.
- The Dolphins have lost the first quarter in each of their last two September games as favorites against AFC West opponents.
- The Dolphins ranked 1st in the AFC East for passing yards per game last season (265.4)
- The Dolphins ranked 31st in the NFL in average kickoff return (18.9 yards) last season
- The Broncos ranked 32nd in the NFL in points per game (16.9) last season
- The Broncos ranked 32nd in the NFL in average kickoff return (17.5 yards) last season
The Denver Broncos are making an early case for the worst team in the league, as they lost to the Raiders and Commanders at home. The Broncos led Washington 21-3 last week and had a 96.3 percent win probability according to ESPN, and still lost. Not great, folks. The Miami Dolphins won road games on both coasts and now come home to what should be a packed house as excitement is as high in South Florida as it's been in a while. The Dolphins are being crowned by some as the best team in the AFC, and Tua is the current betting favorite for MVP at many books. Before betting, check the status of Waddle, who is currently in concussion protocol. I still want nothing to do with the Broncos. Give me the Dolphins in a double-digit victory.