Giants vs 49ers Prediction - NFL Picks 9/21/23
San Francisco 49ers (2-0) vs New York Giants (1-1)
Game Info: Thursday, September 21, 2023 at 8:15 pm (Levi's Stadium)
Betting Odds: San Francisco 49ers -10 -- Over/Under: 44.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Amazon Prime Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Francisco 49ers and New York Giants face off on Thursday in a Week 3 NFL showdown at Levi’s Stadium.
Giants Complete Impressive Comeback
After losing the first game of the season against the Dallas Cowboys 40-0, it looked like the Giants were well on the same in the second game. The Giants were down 20-0 to the Arizona Cardinals, and it looked like they were about to fall to 0-2. In the second half though, the Cardinals scored 31 points and that was enough to win 31-28. After struggling in the first half, Jones really turned it on and he completed 26 of his 37 passes for 321 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Even though the Giants won, they did suffer a big loss. Saquon Barkley is dealing with an ankle sprain and he’s expected to be out for a couple of weeks.
Giants Betting Trends
- The Giants have lost each of their last six Thursday road games.
- The Giants have failed to cover the spread in each of their last four games against NFC West opponents.
- The Giants have lost the first half in each of their last nine games as road underdogs following a road win.
- The Giants have lost the first quarter in eight of their last nine games against NFC opponents.
- Twenty-one of the Giants' last 25 games as underdogs following a win have gone UNDER the total points line.
49ers Look to Move to 3-0
The San Francisco 49ers will look to move to 3-0 in this game. In the first game the 49ers were able to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers 30-7 and in the last game against the Los Angeles Rams they were able to secure the 30-23 victory. The trade for Christian McCaffrey still continues to pay dividends and in the last game he finished with 20 carries for 116 yards and a touchdown. On the season he has rushed 42 times for 268 yards and two touchdowns. Brock Purdy has thrown for 426 yards and two touchdowns. He continues to make good decisions and that will be important going forward.
49ers Betting Trends
- The 49ers have won each of their last 11 home games against NFC opponents.
- The 49ers have covered the spread in each of their last 10 games as home favorites against NFC opponents.
- The road team has won the first half in each of the 49ers' last four Week 3 games.
- The 49ers have scored the first touchdown in seven of their last nine home games against NFC opponents.
- The 49ers have won the first quarter in seven of their last eight home games against NFC opponents.
Giants vs 49ers Facts
- The 49ers ranked T1st in the NFL in interceptions (20) last season
- The 49ers ranked 1st in the NFL in turnover differential (+13) last season
- The Giants ranked T2nd in the NFL in fumbles recovered (13) last season
- The Giants ranked 4th in the NFL in rushing yards per game (148.2) last season
Shane’s Free Pick
This is too many points for the 49ers to be laying. The Giants finally showed some signs of life in the last game, and a big reason was the play of Daniel Jones in the second half. The 49ers defense wasn’t exactly dominant in the last game and the Giants are going to find success in this game. Look for the Giantss to score at least 24 points here, and that will be enough for them to cover the spread here. This game is also going to be higher scoring, and the over will cash. I like both of these plays a lot