Ravens vs Bengals Prediction - NFL Picks 9/17/23
Cincinnati Bengals (0-1) vs Baltimore Ravens (1-0)
Game Info: Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Paycor Stadium)
Betting Odds: Cincinnati Bengals -3 -- Over/Under: 46.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Baltimore Ravens and Cincinnati Bengals face off on Sunday in a Week 2 NFL showdown at Paul Brown Stadium.
Can Ravens Move to 2-0?
The Ravens faced off against the Houston Texans in Week 1, and it was a big third quarter that was the difference on the way to the victory. The defense also had a big game giving up only nine points. Lamar Jackson completed 17 of his 22 passes for 169 yards and an interception. He also rushed six times for 38 yards. Even though the Ravens were able to secure the victory, they did suffer a bad injury. J.K. Dobbins tore his Achilles and he’s now out for the season. Justice Hill finished with eight carries for nine yards and two touchdowns. He and Gus Edwards are going to need to be strong here.
Ravens Betting Trends
- The Ravens have won each of their last three games as road underdogs following a home win.
- The Ravens have covered the spread in each of their last five Sunday games as underdogs.
- The Ravens have won the first quarter in six of their last seven games as underdogs following a home win.
- The Ravens have scored the first touchdown in nine of their last 12 games following a win.
- The Ravens have won the first half in each of their last five games in September.
How do the Bengals Bounce Back?
This is a Bengals team that believes they can win the Super Bowl, but they need to find a way to forget about the first game if that’s going to happen. Joe Burrow looked lost in Game 1 and the Bengals ended up losing 24-3. Burrow completed 14 of his 31 passes for 82 yards. Joe Mixon was the top rusher finishing with 13 carries for 56 yards. The defense also wasn’t great but in this game it’s going to come down to the offense. If Burrow struggles here, the Bengals are going to fall 0-2.
Bengals Betting Trends
- The Bengals have won each of their last 10 Sunday games as favorites.
- The Bengals have covered the spread in each of their last four games at Paycor Stadium following a Division loss.
- The Bengals have won the first quarter in each of their last four home games against teams that held a winning record.
- The Bengals have scored the first touchdown in each of their last seven games at Paycor Stadium.
- The Bengals have won the first half in six of their last seven games at Paycor Stadium.
Ravens vs Bengals Facts
- The Bengals ranked 1st in the AFC North for total yards per game last season (360.5)
- The Bengals ranked 1st in the AFC North for passing yards per game last season (265.0)
- The Ravens ranked 1st in the AFC North for rushing yards per game last season (160.0)
- The Ravens ranked 1st in the AFC for rushing yards per game last season (160.0)
Shane’s Free Pick
Burrow didn’t look comfortable in Week 1 and I don’t think he’s going to find success again here. The better quarterback in this game is Lamar Jackson, and he’s going to have no issue running up the score here. The Ravens are going to get close to 30 points here, and that will be enough for Baltimore to cover the spread here. Back the Ravens against the spread.