Raiders vs Bills Prediction - NFL Picks 9/17/23
Buffalo Bills (0-1) vs Las Vegas Raiders (1-0)
Game Info: Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 1:00 pm (Highmark Stadium)
Betting Odds: Buffalo Bills -8 -- Over/Under: 46.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Las Vegas Raiders will play the Buffalo Bills in Week 2 on Sunday afternoon at Highmark Stadium in Orchard Park, New York. Las Vegas comes into this game looking to start the season with two straight wins, while Buffalo is seeking their first win of the season.
The Las Vegas Raiders are 1-0 this year after they defeated Denver by a score of 17-16 in Week 1. Las Vegas trailed 13-10 at the half and 16-10 in the fourth quarter, but they were able to get a Jakobi Meyers touchdown reception and a Daniel Carlson extra point for the win. The Raiders out gained Denver by one yard, 261-260, and turned the ball over one time, while going 5-11 on third down conversions. Las Vegas passed for 200 yards and only ran for 61 yards in the win. Jimmy Garoppolo threw for 200 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception for the Raiders in the game. Josh Jacobs rushed for 48 yards, while Jakobi Meyers (questionable) caught nine passes for 81 yards and two scores in the win. Davante Adams added six catches for 66 yards. The Las Vegas defense allowed 166 passing yards and 94 rushing yards.
The Buffalo Bills are 0-1 this season after they lost to the Jets in overtime on Monday Night Football by a score of 22-16 last week. Buffalo didn’t have to deal with Aaron Rodgers for long, as he was hurt on the first drive. The Bills led 13-3 at the half, but only scored three points during the second half. Buffalo allowed New York to return a punt for a touchdown in overtime to end the game. Buffalo out gained New York by a total of 314-289, but turned the ball over four times. Turnovers were the key to this game, as Josh Allen threw three interceptions and fumbled once. Allen did throw for 236 yards, one touchdown, and the three interceptions for the Bills, while also adding 36 rushing yards. James Cook rushed for 46 yards, while Stefon Diggs caught 10 passes for 102 yards and one score. The Buffalo defense allowed 117 passing yards and 172 rushing yards, while forcing one turnover.
Buffalo Bills Team Facts
- The Bills have won each of their last five games after coming off overtime.
- The Bills have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine Sunday games against teams that held a winning record.
- The favorites have won the first half in each of the Bills' last six Week 2 games.
- The Bills have won the first quarter in six of their last nine games at Highmark Stadium against teams that held a winning record.
- The Bills have scored the first touchdown in 11 of their last 13 games at Highmark Stadium.
Las Vegas Raiders Team Facts
- The underdogs have won each of the Raiders' last three Week 2 games.
- The Raiders have covered the spread in each of their last six Sunday games.
- The Raiders have lost the first half in each of their last four September games against AFC opponents.
- The Raiders have won the first quarter in each of their last five games as road underdogs against AFC East opponents.
- The Raiders have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five road games against AFC opponents.
Buffalo Bills Player Prop Facts
- Latavius Murray has scored at least one touchdown in each of his last five appearances with his team as a favorite against AFC West opponents.
- Josh Allen has recorded 270+ passing yards in each of the Bills' last five September home games.
- Josh Allen has recorded 42+ rushing yards in five of the Bills' last six regular season games at Highmark Stadium.
- Dawson Knox has recorded 26+ receiving yards in each of his six previous September appearances at Highmark Stadium.
- Josh Allen has thrown two or more touchdowns in each of the Bills' last five games against AFC West opponents.
- Gabriel Davis ranked 2nd amongst qualified players for Yards Per Reception (17.4) last season
Las Vegas Raiders Player Prop Facts
- Josh Jacobs has scored at least one touchdown in each of the Raiders' last three games following a road win.
- Josh Jacobs has recorded 69+ rushing yards in six of the Raiders' last seven Sunday games.
- Josh Jacobs ranked 1st in the AFC for Rushing Yards (1653) last season
- The Bills ranked 1st in the AFC East for points allowed per game last season (17.9)
- The Bills ranked 1st in the AFC East for average point differential last season (+10.6)
- The Raiders ranked T31st in the NFL in interceptions (6) last season
- The Raiders ranked 30th in the NFL in sacks (27.0) last season
The Bills did not play their best football in Week 1 and they really have no excuse for losing to the Jets with Zach Wilson at quarterback. Buffalo will try to protect the football better in this game, as the turnovers were the reason for the loss. Las Vegas opened up their season with a nice road win, but they are going to have to generate more than 261 yards of total offense in this one. I think Buffalo will bounce back with a win in this matchup, but I am going to take Las Vegas with the points. We saw a very sloppy first game for Buffalo and while they are at home for this matchup, they are playing a Raiders team that has plenty of offensive weapons. Take the Raiders with the points.