Jets vs Cowboys Prediction - NFL Picks 9/17/23
Dallas Cowboys (1-0) vs New York Jets (1-0)
Game Info: Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 4:25 pm (AT&T Stadium)
Betting Odds: Dallas Cowboys -9.5 -- Over/Under: 38.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys faced off on Sunday in a Week 2 NFL showdown at AT&T Stadium
Life Starts Without Rodgers
There was so much buzz heading into last weeks game surrounding the New York Jets and Aaron Rodgers. That buzz quickly turned into worry and now that he’s been ruled out for the season the Jets have to find a way to win games. There is one thing for sure about this Jets team, they have a great defense, the big question is can Zach Wilson do enough with the offense to get it done. Zach Wilson completed 14 of his 21 passes for 140 yards, one touchdown, and one interception. The Jets defense picked of Josh Allen three times and the defense is going to need to step up here in a big way.
Jets Betting Trends
- The Jets have lost 14 of their last 16 games in September.
- The road team has covered the spread in each of the Jets' last five Week 2 games.
- The Jets have scored the first touchdown in each of their last four games as underdogs against NFC East opponents.
- The Jets have won the first quarter in each of their last four games as underdogs against NFC East opponents.
- The Jets have lost the first half in 11 of their last 12 games in September.
Cowboys WOW’d in Week 1
The Cowboys might have made the biggest statement of all in their first game of the season against the New York Giants. The Cowboys offense 40 points and the defense didn’t give up any points on the way to the win. Tony Pollard took advantage of being the number one running back putting up 70 yards and two touchdowns. Dak Prescott completed 13 of his 24 passes for 143 yards. The defense also put on quite a show and it’s going to be important the defense is good here. If the defense can put the pressure on Wilson here, they will be in good shape to secure the win.
Cowboys Betting Trends
- The Cowboys have won each of their last eight home games.
- The Cowboys have failed to cover the spread in each of their last five games following a win.
- The Cowboys have lost the first quarter in each of their last four games as home favorites.
- The Cowboys have lost the first half in seven of their last eight games at AT&T Stadium against teams that held a winning record.
- The Cowboys have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last nine Sunday games as favorites.
Jets vs Cowboys Facts
- The Cowboys ranked 2nd in the NFL in turnover differential (+10) last season
- The Cowboys ranked T3rd in the NFL in sacks (54.0) last season
- The Jets ranked 31st in the NFL in fumbles recovered (4) last season
- The Jets ranked 3rd in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game (189.4) last season
Shane’s Free Pick
The Jets are going to keep this game within a touchdown. Wilson isn’t the answer for this Jets team, but I think he’s going to do better with his turnover issues. This Jets defense might be the best in football and they are going to slowdown the Cowboys offense here. It wouldn’t shock me if the Jets defense found themselves a touchdown or two here. The lack of scoring by the Cowboys will be enough for the Jets to keep this game close. Back the Jets to cover the spread here.