49ers vs Rams Prediction - NFL Picks 9/17/23
Los Angeles Rams (1-0) vs San Francisco 49ers (1-0)
Game Info: Sunday, September 17, 2023 at 4:05 pm (SoFi Stadium)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Rams +7-- Over/Under: 42.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The San Francisco 49ers and Los Angeles Rams face off on Saturday in a Week 2 NFL showdown at SoFI Stadium.
Brock Purdy is the Real Deal
Brock Purdy is healthy and it looks like the 49ers made the right decision having him be the starter here. In the first game of the season, the 49ers faced off against the Pittsburgh Steelers and they were able to secure a 30-7 victory. Purdy had a big game completing 19 of his 29 passes for 220 yards and two touchdowns. If Purdy continues to have a big season, this is going to be a team that can win the Super Bowl. Running back Christian McCaffrey also rushed 22 times for 152 yards and a touchdown. Wide receiver Brandon Aiyuk finished with eight catches for 129 yards and two touchdowns. The defense also looked good, and appears to be a strength for this team.
49ers Betting Trends
- The 49ers have won each of their last nine games in California.
- The 49ers have covered the spread in each of their last eight games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The 49ers have won the first half in each of their last eight road games in September.
- The 49ers have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six games as favorites against NFC West opponents.
- The 49ers have won the first quarter in seven of their last 10 games against teams that held a winning record.
Rams Dominate Week 1
The Rams dominated their first game of the season against the Seattle Seahawks. The Rams scored 30 points, and the defense only gave up 13 points. Matthew Stafford had a strong game completing 24 of his 38 passes for 344 yards. Kyren Williams currently looks to be the lead back and he finished with 15 carries for 52 yards and two touchdowns. One issue for the Rams heading into this game is the injuries. Cooper Kupp is still out like he was in week one. Puka Nacua had a strong game in Week 1 one but he’s now dealing with an oblique injury and he’s questionable for this game.
Rams Betting Trends
- The Rams have won each of their last six September games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Rams have covered the spread in each of their last six home games following a Division win.
- The Rams have won the first half in each of their last four Week 2 games against NFC opponents.
- The Rams have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six home games against the 49ers.
- The Rams have won the first quarter in four of their last five September games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
49ers vs Rams Facts
- The Rams ranked 28th in the NFL in average kickoff return (20.1 yards) last season
- The Rams ranked 27th in the NFL in points per game (18.1) last season
- The 49ers ranked T1st in the NFL in interceptions (20) last season
- The 49ers ranked 1st in the NFL in turnover differential (+13) last season
Shane’s Free Pick
The Rams are going to keep this game close. The 49ers offense looked impressive in the first game, but so did the Rams and they are going to score plenty in this game. Matthew Stafford looks rejuvenated and he’s going to have a big game here, even against a 49ers defense. The Rams might not secure the win, but they will score at least 24 points here, and that will be enough to cover the spread.