Vikings vs Eagles Prediction - NFL Picks 9/14/23
Philadelphia Eagles (1-0) vs Minnesota Vikings (0-1)
Game Info: Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 8:15 pm (Lincoln Financial Field)
Betting Odds: Philadelphia Eagles -6.5 -- Over/Under: 49 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Amazon Prime Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Minnesota Vikings and Philadelphia Eagles face off on Thursday Night Football in a Week 2 NFL showdown at Lincoln Financial Field.
How Do The Vikings Improve Their Offensive Line
If the Vikings can improve their offensive line, this is going to be a great season, but if the offensive line struggles, this will be a long year. In the first game, Kirk Cousins didn’t have any time, and that led to a lot of pressure, and Kirk Cousins having happy feet. In the first game the Vikings only scored 17 points and that led to the three point defeat. Kirk Cousins completed 33 of his 44 passes for 344 yards, two touchdowns, and one interception. Justin Jefferson had a strong game finishing with nine catches for 150 yards. The running game also wasn’t good enough, and that is something that also needs to be better. Alexander Mattison finished with 11 carries for 34 yards.
Vikings Betting Trends
- The Vikings have lost each of their last eight games as road underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Vikings have failed to cover the spread in each of their last seven games as underdogs against NFC opponents.
- The Vikings have lost the first quarter in six of their last seven games following a loss.
- The Vikings have lost the first half in each of their last nine September road games against NFC opponents.
- The Vikings have scored the first touchdown in five of their last six road games against NFC East opponents.
Nick Sirianni Needs to Make Better Decisions
The Eagles were able to beat the New England Patriots in the first game, but Nick Sirianni almost made it so it didn’t happen. Sirianni made an idiotic decision to go for it near the 50 yard line late in the game when they were leading. The Patriots ended up not scoring and they held on for the victory. At the end of the first quarter the Eagles were up 16-0, but the offense didn’t get a whole lot of offense going the rest of the game. Jalen Hurts completed 22 of his 33 passes for 170 yards and a touchdown. The top running back was Kenneth Gainwell and he finished with 14 carries for 54 yards. A.J. Brown caught seven passes for 79 yards. Devonta Smith had 47 yards and a touchdown.
Eagles Betting Trends
- The Eagles have lost five of their last six Week 2 games as favorites.
- The Eagles have failed to cover the spread in six of their last seven September games as home favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Eagles have scored the first touchdown in eight of their last nine games at Lincoln Financial Field.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in four the Eagles' last five Week 2 games.
- The Eagles have won the first half in each of their last seven games as favorites following a win.
Vikings vs Eagles Facts
- The Eagles ranked 1st in the NFL in sacks (70.0) last season
- The Eagles ranked 1st in the NFC East for points scored per game last season (28.1)
- The Vikings ranked 31st in the NFL in passing yards allowed per game (265.6) last season
- The Vikings were one of only two teams in the NFL to win five games in which they trailed during the fourth quarter last season
Shane’s Free Pick
The Vikings are going to keep this game within a touchdown. I think the offensive line is going to do a little better, or at least the gameplan is going to be a little different. Justin Jefferson is still on the Vikings and he’s going to have a huge game here. Sirianni also is going to make a head scratching decision or two that is also going to keep the Vikings in this game. Back the Vikings against the spread.