Rams vs Seahawks Prediction - NFL Picks 9/10/23
Seattle Seahawks (0-0) vs Los Angeles Rams (0-0)
Game Info: Sunday, September 10, 2023 at 4:25 pm (Lumen Field)
Betting Odds: Seattle Seahawks -5 -- Over/Under: 46 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: Fox Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Los Angeles Rams will play the Seattle Seahawks in Week 1 of the NFL regular season on Sunday afternoon at Lumen Field in Seattle, Washington. The Seahawks were able to sneak into the playoffs last season and will look to build upon that success, while the Rams are hoping to bounce back from a terrible season last year.
The Los Angeles Rams went 5-12 last year and they were 1-5 in the NFC West. The Rams started the season with a 3-3 record, but they fell apart and finished the season going 2-9. The Rams lost both games to the Seahawks last season by scores of 27-23 and 19-16 (OT). The Rams dealt with quite a few injuries last season and they allowed 24+ points in seven of their last eleven games in 2022. Matthew Stafford is back as the quarterback of the Rams, after only playing in nine games last season. Stafford has to stay healthy this season or the Rams are going to have another very long year. Cam Akers is the lead back, while Van Jefferson, Tutu Atwell, and Tyler Higbee are the three main targets for Stafford. Cooper Kupp will not play in this game due to injury. The Rams should be better on offense this season with a healthy Stafford, but I am concerned with their defense, especially against a Seattle team that put up plenty of points last year.
The Seattle Seahawks were 9-8 last season and they went 4-2 in the NFC West. Seattle started the season with a 2-3 record, but won their next four games to go 6-3. The Seahawks went 3-5 to end the season, but still got into the playoffs over Detroit after their overtime win against the Rams in Week 18. Seattle lost to San Francisco by a score of 41-23 in the NFC Wild Card Round. Geno Smith is back under center for Seattle after a great season in 2022, where he threw for 4,282 yards, 30 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions. Kenneth Walker is the lead running back, but he is questionable to play in this one. The Seahawks still have DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett at wide receiver, but they are adding Jaxson Smith-Njigba from Ohio State. The Seahawks offense should put up plenty of points this season, which should help hide their below average defense.
Seattle Seahawks Team Facts
- The Seahawks have lost each of their last two September games as favorites against NFC opponents.
- The Seahawks have failed to cover the spread in eight of their last nine games.
- The underdogs have won the first quarter in three of the Seahawks' last four Week 1 games.
- The Seahawks have lost the first half in each of their last two games as moderate favorites (-3.5 to -7.0 points).
- The Seahawks have scored the first touchdown in six of their last eight Week 1 games.
Los Angeles Rams Team Facts
- The Rams have lost each of their last seven road games.
- The Rams have covered the spread in eight of their last nine games against the Seahawks.
- The Rams have won the first quarter in three of their last four games as underdogs against the Seahawks.
- The Rams have won the first half in each of their last four September games against NFC West opponents.
- The Rams have scored the first touchdown in four of their last five games as underdogs against NFC West opponents.
Seattle Seahawks Player Prop Facts
- Tyler Lockett has scored a touchdown in each of the Seahawks' last five games as favorites.
- Geno Smith has recorded 264+ passing yards in three of the Seahawks' last four games as favorites.
- Tyler Lockett has recorded 67+ receiving yards in each of the Seahawks' last five September games as home favorites.
- Geno Smith has recorded 18+ rushing yards in each of the Seahawks' last seven games at Lumen Field.
- Geno Smith has recorded 25+ completions in four of the Seahawks' last five games against NFC West opponents.
- Geno Smith has thrown two or more touchdowns in seven of the Seahawks' last eight Sunday games played on the West Coast.
- Geno Smith ranked 1st in the NFL in Completion Percentage (69.8) last season
Los Angeles Rams Player Prop Facts
- Matthew Stafford has thrown two or more touchdowns in seven of his last eight September appearances with his team as a road underdog against NFC opponents.
- Cam Akers has scored a touchdown in three of his last five road appearances against NFC West opponents.
- Matthew Stafford has recorded 22+ completions in each of his last four appearances with his team as a road underdog against NFC West opponents.
- Matthew Stafford has recorded 240+ passing yards in each of his last 10 September appearances.
- Van Jefferson has recorded 42+ receiving yards in each of his last three September appearances against NFC opponents.
- Cam Akers has recorded 104+ rushing yards in each of the Rams' last three Sunday games as underdogs.
- Cam Akers was one of only six players in the NFL to record 100+ rushing yards in three or more consecutive games last season
- The Seahawks ranked 30th in the NFL in rushing yards allowed per game (150.2) last season
- The Seahawks ranked T4th in the NFL in fumbles recovered (11) last season
- The Rams ranked 28th in the NFL in average kickoff return (20.1 yards) last season
- The Rams ranked 27th in the NFL in points per game (18.1) last season
Seattle comes into this game looking to build off of their success last season, but will play a Rams team that is eager to put 2022 behind them. If the Rams can keep Stafford healthy, they should be able to move the ball, as he has a great arm. I do think LA is going to move the ball on this Seattle defense, while I have no doubt the Seahawks offense will also find success. Take the over here.