New Orleans Saints (0-0) vs Houston Texans (0-0)
Game Info: Sunday, August 27, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Caesars Superdome)
Betting Odds: New Orleans Saints -3.5 -- Over/Under: 37.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: FOX Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Houston Texans will cross the border to face the New Orleans Saints in preseason action this Sunday from the Caesars Superdome on FOX.
Houston Texans Preseason Preview
Houston fell to 1-1 after losing to Miami at home, 28-3. The Texans were run off the field by the Dolphins, and they’ll look for different results here in New Orleans.
• C.J. Stroud is set to start the season finale, and he went 7/12 for 60 yards in loss to Miami.
• Davis Mills only completed 45% of his passes (10/22) against the Dolphins last week, and he’s set to handle the rest of the QB work.
• Damien Pierce and Devin Singletary are locked into backfield roles, so Mike Boone will get most of the work in this one, and he gained 47 yards on nine touches. .
• The Houston defense allowed 398 total yards to Dolphins, and gave up four touchdowns in the first three quarters.
• The Texans are 1-1 against the spread this preseason, with both games going under.
New Orleans Saints Preseason Preview
New Orleans moved to 2-0 after defeating Los Angeles on the road, 22-17. The Saints controlled the entire contest, and they’ll look to close the preseason with an undefeated record.
• Jameis Winston looked good in the first half last week, going 13/21 for 169 passing yards.
• Former Fresno QB Jake Haener impressed as well, as he went 11/17 for 118 yards.
• Third-round pick Kendre Miller scored a touchdown in the win over LAC, and he’s on track for a backup role in the backfield.
• The New Orleans defense allowed 309 total yards to the Chargers, and gave up only three scoring possessions.
• The Saints have covered in both games, with both matchups going Over on the total.
Corey’s Free Pick
New Orleans has the benefit of trotting out a borderline starter at quarterback in Jameis Winston, and that factor should pay off again versus an inferior Houston team. The Texans are a rebuilding ball club, and it makes sense to lean on the Saints in the dome here. Back New Orleans this Sunday in the final preseason game.