Denver Broncos (0-0) vs Los Angeles Rams (0-0)
Game Info: Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 9:00 pm (Empower Field at Mile High)
Betting Odds: Denver Broncos -5.5 -- Over/Under: 36.5 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Denver Broncos will host the Los Angeles Rams for their preseason finale this Saturday from Empower Field.
Rams Preseason Preview
Los Angeles fell to 0-2 in preseason play after losing to Las Vegas at home, 34-17. The Rams trailed their former crosstown rivals by double figures at the break, and after falling by seventeen for the second week in a row, they’ll look to show more fight here in Denver.
• Stetson Bennett quarterbacked the majority of the contest, and didn’t perform all that well, going 15/24 for 142 passing yards, with a pick and a rushing score. Bennett looked better in his debut, and he may see a lot of time again here in Denver.
• Ronnie Rivers led the backfield with 42 rushing yards, while rookie back Zach Evans added 27 yards on nine touches.
• Tyler Johnson received seven targets after his strong preseason opener, and the former Bucs wideout has a solid shot to make a roster.
• Davis Allen was the story for LA last week. The former Clemson tight end caught all eight of his targets for 53 receiving yards, he may have secured the TE2 role along the way.
Broncos Preseason Preview
Denver dropped to 0-2 in preseason action after losing to San Francisco on the road, 21-20. The Broncos led by eight with six minutes to go, but they let the Niners sneak away with a last second field goal win, and they’ll seek different results here at home.
• Jarrett Stidham improved after a slow start in the opener, going 12/17 for 130 passing yards.
• Javonte Williams returned to the field with 30 yards on seven touches, while new RB2 Samaje Perine gained 22 yards on three carries.
• Rookie back Jaleel McLaughlin caught a touchdown and rushed for a score.
Corey’s Free Pick
After suffering two one-point losses, I believe this is the matchup where Sean Payton’s new club can break through. The Broncos have been the better team through the first two weeks of action, and this could be a sign of things to come for a limited Rams team this season. Let’s roll with Denver winning at home for their preseason finale.