Cardinals vs Vikings Prediction - NFL Picks 8/26/23
Minnesota Vikings (0-0) vs Arizona Cardinals (0-0)
Game Info: Saturday, August 26, 2023 at 1:00 pm (U.S. Bank Stadium)
Betting Odds: Minnesota Vikings -2.5 -- Over/Under: 35 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Arizona Cardinals will head to Minneapolis to face the Minnesota Vikings in preseason action this Saturday from U.S. Bank Stadium.
Cardinals Preseason Preview
Arizona fell to 1-1 in the preseason after losing to Kansas City at home, 38-10. The Cards were blitzed swiftly by the Chiefs, and after allowing touchdowns in all four quarters, they’ll seek improvement here in the Twin Cities.
• Clayton Tune got most of the snaps in game two, and he went 12/24 for 133 passing yards, with 35 yards on the ground.
• Keaontay Ingram gained 48 total yards and scored a rushing touchdown, so he may be the front runner RB2 behind James Conner.
• Former TCU back Emari Demercado gained 34 yards on eleven touches, and he may also land a depth role in the backfield.
• Arizona has allowed touchdowns in six of eight preseason quarters.
Vikings Preseason Preview
Minnesota moved to 0-2 in preseason play after falling to Tennessee at home, 24-16. The Vikes led at the break, but fifteen unanswered points would lead to their second loss, and they’ll have a chance to regroup here against the Cards.
• Nick Mullens started at quarterback last week, and went 13/23 for 151 passing yards.
• Former BYU QB Jaren Hall looked good in limited work, going 4/7 for 49 passing yards, while gaining fourteen yards on the ground.
• Ty Chandler got eleven carries against Tennessee, and with the backfield wide open behind Alexander Mattison, he’ll have a chance to carve out a role here in the finale.
Corey’s Free Pick
This Patrick Peterson-themed matchup should see the hosting team get into the win column this weekend. The Vikings let last week slip away, but with a Cardinals team that is expected to struggle coming to town, this bout should prove to be a nice tune up for them heading into the season. It’s a transition year in Arizona, so last week’s defeat may be a sign of things to come in 2023. Back Minnesota to pick up the victory here, and with it being the preseason, give the Under a look on a fun Pat Pete play.