Carolina Panthers (0-0) vs Detroit Lions (0-0)
Game Info: Friday, August 25, 2023 at 8:00 pm (Bank of America Stadium)
Betting Odds: Carolina Panthers -3 -- Over/Under: 37 Click Here for the Latest Odds
Where to Watch: CBS Stream live sports and exclusive originals on ESPN+. Sign up now!
The Detroit Lions will head down to Charlotte to face off with the Carolina Panthers in preseason action this Friday from Bank of America Stadium on CBS.
Lions NFL Preseason Preview
Detroit moved to 1-1 in preseason play after losing to Jacksonville by eighteen at home, 25-7. The Lions only managed to put one scoring possession together versus the Jags, and they’ll seek better results with this group of cats down in Charlotte this Friday.
• Nate Sudfeld and Teddy Bridgewater both struggled under center, with each QB committing a costly turnover, while failing to complete ten passes.
• Craig Reynolds appears to have the inside track on the RB3 role, after gaining 43 total yards on twelve touches.
• There isn’t much noise from the wideout room, as the quarterback play hasn’t been up to par through two games.
• Detroit has allowed a score in six of eight preseason quarters.
Panthers NFL Preseason Preview
Carolina dropped to 0-2 in preseason play after falling to New York by two on the road, 21-19. The Panthers had their rally cut short at MetLife after falling behind by eighteen points, and they’ll look for a faster start here at home.
• First overall pick Bryce Young is set to start this contest after playing three possessions in last week’s matchup.
• Matt Corral looked solid in his time behind center, going 9/13 for 71 passing yards.
• Returning backs Chuba Hubbard and Raheem Blackshear each gained 30 yards on the ground, with the former providing a fourth quarter score.
• Shi Smith had a nice performance with four catches for 59 receiving yards.
• Carolina has allowed six touchdowns through eight quarters of preseason action.
Corey’s Free Pick
Both squads need to see improvements in this final preseason matchup, and with more first team players set to get reps, there’s a good chance they do. Detroit’s quarterback situation beyond Goff is shaky, and so are their skill players. With Bryce Young set to go a little deeper into this contest, and Matt Corral showing solid play last week, let’s roll with Carolina at home for this battle of big cats. The Over may be in play as well, as both teams have allowed consistent production through their first two games.