Orlando Magic (29-24) vs Oklahoma City Thunder (35-17)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 7:30 pm (Kia Center)
Betting Odds: Orlando Magic +2.5 -- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Oklahoma City Thunder invade the Amway Center to battle the Orlando Magic on Tuesday night. Here’s a Thunder vs Magic Prediction.
Oklahoma City Thunder
The Oklahoma City Thunder have been in decent shape as they've won four of their last six games overall and they will be eager to keep it going after blowing past the Kings in a 127-113 road win on Sunday. Shai Gilgeous-Alexander led the team with 38 points and seven assists on 15 of 26 shooting, Jalen Williams tallied 32 points with eight rebounds and nine assists while Luguentz Dort chipped in with 17 points and nine rebounds. As a team, the Thunder shot 54 percent from the field and 13 of 27 from the 3-point line as they hit the ground running and poured in 67 points in the first half to lead by as many as 24 points, before they held off a late rally from the Kings in the fourth quarter.
Meanwhile, the Orlando Magic have been in great shape as they've won five of their last six games overall and they will be aiming for a third straight win after outlasting the Bulls in a 114-108 overtime win on Saturday. Franz Wagner led the team with 36 points an five assists on 12 of 22 shooting, Paolo Banchero added 19 points with seven rebounds and eight assists while Jalen Suggs chipped in with 13 points. As a team, the Magic shot 46 percent from the field and 13 of 39 from the 3-point line as they held the Bulls to just 15 points in the fourth quarter to force overtime where they opened with a 6-0 run to escape with the gritty home win. The Magic will take on the Knicks, Cavs, and Pistons after this game.
Orlando Magic Player Facts
- Paolo Banchero is one of only three players in the league to be leading his team for points, rebounds and assists this season.
- Jalen Suggs ranks 3rd in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for steals per game (1.4) this season.
Oklahoma City Thunder Player Facts
- Shai Gilgeous-Alexander ranks 1st amongst qualified players for steals per game (2.2) this season.
- Jalen Williams ranks 4th amongst qualified players for 3P% (45.1%) this season.
- The Magic rank 1st in the league for opponent assists per game this season (24.0).
- The Magic rank 30th in the league for three-point field goals made per game this season (10.9).
- The Thunder rank 1st in the league for blocks per game this season (6.6).
- The Thunder rank 1st in the league for opponent turnovers per game this season (15.6).
Thunder vs Magic Prediction
The Thunder are coming into this meeting with plenty of momentum, they have all their key players healthy and they just thrashed the Kings in a dominant win on Sunday, while the Magic are playing some of their best basketball of the season to win five of their last six games overall. These two teams last met four weeks ago and it was the Thunder who won by 112-100. I think we're going to see a much closer contest in this one, so while I'm tempted to take the Magic as the home underdog, I'm a little more comfortable backing the Thunder who have been the more consistent team all season.
Peter’s Pick Oklahoma City -2.5
The pick in this article is the opinion of the writer, not a PickDawgz site consensus.
AUTHOR: Peter Tran
Peter is busy writing amazing articles for PickDawgz but will create a bio soon.