Pistons vs Lakers Prediction NBA Picks 2/13/24
Los Angeles Lakers (29-26) vs Detroit Pistons (8-44)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 10:30 pm (Crypto.com Arena)
Betting Odds: Los Angeles Lakers -11.5 -- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Detroit Pistons need a win after losing 8 of their last 12 games. The Los Angeles Lakers look for a win after winning 6 of their last 9 games. Let’s preview this game and give out a Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Lakers prediction.
Detroit Pistons Betting Preview
The Detroit Pistons recently beat the Kings and Trail Blazers while losing to the Clippers. The Detroit Pistons are averaging 113.2 points on 47.5 percent shooting and allowing 122.1 points on 49.4 percent shooting. Cade Cunningham is averaging 22.4 points and 4 rebounds, while Jaden Ivey is averaging 15.5 points and 3.7 assists. Jalen Duren is the third double-digit scorer and Isaiah Stewart is grabbing 6.8 rebounds. The Detroit Pistons are shooting 36.3 percent from beyond the arc and 78 percent from the free throw line. The Detroit Pistons are allowing 37.9 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 43.5 rebounds per game.
Los Angeles Lakers Betting Preview
The Los Angeles Lakers recently beat the Hornets and Pelicans while losing to the Nuggets. The Los Angeles Lakers are averaging 116.5 points on 49.2 percent shooting and allowing 117.1 points on 47.3 percent shooting. LeBron James is averaging 24.8 points and 7.3 rebounds, while Anthony Davis is averaging 24.7 points and 12.1 rebounds. D’Angelo Russell is the third double-digit scorer and Austin Reaves is grabbing 3.9 rebounds. The Los Angeles Lakers are shooting 36.8 percent from beyond the arc and 77.3 percent from the free throw line. The Los Angeles Lakers are allowing 37.7 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 42.7 rebounds per game.
Los Angeles Lakers Player Facts
- D'Angelo Russell ranks 22nd amongst qualified players for assists per game (6.2) this season.
- Austin Reaves ranks 31st amongst qualified players for assists per game (5.4) this season.
Detroit Pistons Player Facts
- Jalen Duren ranks 1st in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for rebounds per game (12.2) this season.
- Cade Cunningham ranks 3rd in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for assists per game (7.5) this season.
- The Lakers rank 30th in the league for offensive rebounds per game this season (8.3).
- The Lakers rank 30th in the league for three-point field goal attempts per game this season (30.6).
- The Pistons rank 30th in the league for steals per game this season (5.8).
- The Pistons rank 30th in the league for opponent steals per game this season (8.7).
Detroit Pistons vs Los Angeles Lakers prediction
The Los Angeles Lakers should be favored for obvious reasons as they're the better team at home, but they've also had issues finishing games, and it's led to some bizarre results. Also, while the Pistons aren't winning games they have been a lot more competitive lately, and they have covered 8 of their last 10 games. I'm just not excited to lay double-digit chalk with the Lakers, who have issues winning games consistently, let alone by margin. Give me the points with the Pistons.