Brooklyn Nets (21-31) vs Boston Celtics (40-12)
Game Info: Tuesday, February 13, 2024 at 7:30 pm (Barclays Center)
Betting Odds: Brooklyn Nets +8.5 -- Over/Under: Click Here for the Latest Odds
The Boston Celtics travel to the Barclays Center to battle the Brooklyn Nets on Tuesday night. Here’s a Celtics vs Nets Prediction.
The Boston Celtics have been in great form as they've won nine of their last 11 games overall and they will be aiming for a fifth straight win after outlasting the Heat in a 110-106 road win on Sunday. Jayson Tatum led the team with 26 points, 10 rebounds and nine assists, Kristaps Porzingis added 25 points with nine rebounds and two blocks while Jaylen Brown chipped in with 20 points on eight of 16 shooting. As a team, the Celtics shot 50 percent from the field and 16 of 39 from the 3-point line as they kept the Heat to just 22 points in the first quarter to take the early lead and they just kept building on it till they led by 15 points, but it wasn't all smooth sailing as the Heat cut their lead to just 20 points with 1:49 left in the fourth quarter.
Meanwhile, the Brooklyn Nets have been in fair shape as they've split their last eight games overall and they will be eager to build some momentum after snapping a three-game skid with a 123-103 win over the Spurs on Saturday. Cam Thomas led the team with 25 points, Nicolas Claxton added 20 points with 11 rebounds and two blocks while Dennis Schroder chipped in with 15 points and 12 assists off the bench. As a team, the Nets shot 56 percent from the field and 17 of 34 from the 3-point line and they were also solid on the defensive end as they held the Spurs to just 18 points in the second quarter to take a 12-point lead into halftime, before they ran away with it in the second half where they led by as many as 28 points at one stage. The Nets will meet the Celtics again after this one and then face the Raptors and Timberwolves.
Brooklyn Nets Player Facts
- Nicolas Claxton ranks 2nd in the Eastern Conference amongst qualified players for Blocks Per Game (2.3) this season.
- Ben Simmons is one of only 25 players in the league shooting at least 65% from the field this season.
Boston Celtics Player Facts
- Derrick White is one of only five qualified players in the league averaging at least 1.0 threes, 1.0 steals and 1.0 blocks this season.
- Jayson Tatum ranks 2nd amongst qualified Guards for rebounds per game (8.5) this season.
- The Nets rank 29th in the league for opponent free throw percentage this season (81.5%).
- The Nets ranks 3rd in the league for turnover percentage this season (11.1%).
- The Celtics rank 1st in the league for point differential per game this season (+9.4).
- The Celtics rank 1st in the league for rebounds per game this season (47.4).
Celtics vs Nets Prediction
The Celtics could be shorthanded here as Kristaps Porzingis is currently listed as questionable, while the Nets will again be without Cameron Johnson. The Celtics come into this meeting as one of the hottest teams in the league, they just took down the pesky Heat in a close game on Sunday and it's not surprising that they've opened as heavy favorites here. The Nets were able to earn a much-needed win over the Spurs in their last outing, but they were really struggling before that game and I think we'll see them struggle again in this one. The Celtics still have more than enough firepower to run past these Nets even if Porzingis is unable to suit up, so I will go with the Celtics on the road in this spot.
Peter’s Pick Boston -8.5
The pick in this article is the opinion of the writer, not a PickDawgz site consensus.
AUTHOR: Peter Tran
Peter is busy writing amazing articles for PickDawgz but will create a bio soon.