Pelicans vs Grizzlies Prediction NBA Picks 2/12/24
Memphis Grizzlies (18-35) vs New Orleans Pelicans (31-22)
Game Info: Monday, February 12, 2024 at 8:00 pm (FedExForum)
Betting Odds: Memphis Grizzlies +8.5 -- Over/Under: 224 Click Here for the Latest Odds
The New Orleans Pelicans look for a win after winning 5 of their last 6 games. The Memphis Grizzlies are riding an 8-game losing streak. Let’s preview this game and give out a New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies prediction.
New Orleans Pelicans Betting Preview
The New Orleans Pelicans are coming off a win over the Lakers and a loss to the Trail Blazers. The New Orleans Pelicans are averaging 116.5 points on 48.9 percent shooting and allowing 112.4 points on 46.5 percent shooting. Zion Williamson is averaging 22.3 points and 5.5 rebounds, while Brandon Ingram is averaging 21.6 points and 5.1 rebounds. CJ McCollum is the third double-digit scorer and Jonas Valanciunas is grabbing 9.5 rebounds. The New Orleans Pelicans are shooting 37.9 percent from beyond the arc and 76.5 percent from the free throw line. The New Orleans Pelicans are allowing 34.5 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 44.2 rebounds per game.
Memphis Grizzlies Betting Preview
The Memphis Grizzlies recently lost to the Knicks, Bulls and Hornets. The Memphis Grizzlies are averaging 107.1 points on 43.9 percent shooting and allowing 113.4 points on 47.5 percent shooting. Desmond Bane is averaging 24.4 points and 4.6 rebounds, while Jaren Jackson Jr. is averaging 22.3 points and 2.1 assists. Marcus Smart is the third double-digit scorer and Santi Aldama is grabbing 5.7 rebounds. The Memphis Grizzlies are shooting 34.8 percent from beyond the arc and 76.5 percent from the free throw line. The Memphis Grizzlies are allowing 38.3 percent shooting from deep and are grabbing 41.7 rebounds per game.
Memphis Grizzlies Player Facts
- Jaren Jackson Jr. is one of only five qualified players in the league averaging at least 1.5 threes and 1.5 blocks this season.
- John Konchar ranks 16th in the Western Conference amongst qualified players for Blocks Per Game (0.9) this season.
New Orleans Pelicans Player Facts
- C.J. McCollum ranks 4th amongst qualified players for three-pointers made Per Game (3.4) this season.
- Brandon Ingram is one of only 13 qualified players in the league averaging at least 20.0 points, 5.0 assists and 5.0 rebounds this season.
- The Grizzlies rank 30th in the league for points per game this season (107.1).
- The Grizzlies rank 30th in the league for field goal percentage this season (43.9%).
- The Pelicans rank 1st in the league for opponent three-point percentage this season (34.5%).
- The Pelicans rank 1st in the league for H1 opponent points per game this season (54.5).
New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies prediction
The New Orleans Pelicans obviously have the clear talent edge and could blow the doors off, but they're also coming off a west coast road trip and now get these Grizzlies, who are throwing out a bunch of no names. Possible motivational letdown. Also, despite the injuries and G League roster, the Grizzlies continue to cover these big numbers. The Grizzlies have covered 7 of their last 11 games. These are a bunch of guys fighting for playing time or even a roster spot. I'll take a shot with the points.